Thread: 2022 New Holstein Super Cub Fly in and Airport Day

Post Thanks / Like

2022 New Holstein Super Cub Fly in and Airport Day

Contrary to the rumors that have been circulating around, the 2022 New Holstein Fly-in and Airport Day is a GO!

After many years of hosting the fly-in, Steve and Laura have decided to step aside. A huge thanks to them for their hard work in creating and running what is an absolutely fantastic event. They are handing the reigns over to a group of long time attendees and we hope live up to the standards that Steve and Laura have set. The plan is to keep the fly-in and Airport Day similar to what it has been in the past with a few tweaks and improvements. One of those will be Movie Night" on a few of the evenings.

The dates are Friday July 22nd thru Wed July 27th

As in the past, registration will be required in advance of the event. SJ has graciously offered to help with the on-line registration. We expect the registration to be up and running by early June.

A huge thanks to the volunteers helping to keep this great event going. If you would like to help with the event, please reach out to me or Randy Corfman.

More to come..............

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05741.jpg 
Views:	1156 
Size:	353.6 KB 
ID:	60030

Jeff
    Thanks SJ, FdxLou, Pete Schoeninger thanked for this post
    Likes OLDCROWE, js170b, C130jake, Utah-Jay, Farmboy and 5 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a terrific organizational meeting last evening, folks, and shared some exciting news...

Name:	IMG_6594 copy.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	60181

First, we have joined together to form the "Friends of the New Holstein Airport", thanks to the work done by Jeff Russell to establish an LLC! It is our intention to use this organization, and the skills and talents of many terrific people, to carry on the wonderful traditions founded by Steve Johnson 20 years ago.

Briefly, it is our intention to continue to host taildraggers in the camping area, as well as some recreational vehicle spots (while they are available). We are exploring ways to make our tricycle colleagues more welcome, and more will be announced on that front later.

Our beautiful Pavilion will remain the focal point of the Flyin for camping activities.

Name:	groupphoto08.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	314.9 KB 
ID:	60175

There will be some social activities in the evenings that we think will lessen the impact of mosquitoes swarming around the fire pit..."Movie Nights" are being planned, to be held in the maintenance hangar, featuring aviation movies from days gone by, as well as offering popcorn/sodas/adult beverages. Following the movie we can retire to the camp fire near the Pavilion to tell tall tales, or escape to our tents. A Mighty Fine Time. Continuing our New Holstein Flyin Family Reunion!

Food? Oh, yeah, then there is the food. Jim "Big Deal" Dickerson has accepted the challenge to lead the search for quality meals for breakfast and dinner. For those who attended the event last year you may recall that the meals provided by Altona Supper Club and Parker John's BBQ were exceptionally tasty. Well, the Big Deal has some other tricks up his sleeve, and we are confident that we can continue serving delicious meals!

Dessert? There is always room for desert, and our Flyout Squadron, lead by Captain Steve Lewis, as well as Jim Crane and Lou Furlong, will be coordinating safe flights to Kelley's Creamery

Name:	_MG_9040.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	60176

Name:	PXL_20210727_010910925.MP.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	60177

Name:	PXL_20210727_003922274.MP.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	60178 to enjoy the finest ice cream in the Land! Yum!

The Flyout Squadron will be announcing flyouts as the event time approaches, and you will not want to miss them.

Name:	SteveRandyCoast1.jpg 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	60179

Name:	DSC_1903.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	399.9 KB 
ID:	60180

We are planning a bus to AirVenture on Monday, July 25, but rumor has it that we might have a flyout that day.

Name:	IMG_1909.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	250.8 KB 
ID:	60182
    Details to follow.

Of course, New Holstein Airport Appreciation Day will be held on Sunday, July 24th. We will continue to support the community by providing Young Eagle flights

Name:	NH_OSH-1222.jpg 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	60183
    and putting on the famous New Holstein Short Field Takeoff and Landing Exhibition

Name:	NH_OSH-1086.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	60184

Name:	NH_OSH-1126.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	60185

and maybe even the Flour Drop events.

Name:	NH_OSH-1221.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	60186

Big Deal Dickerson has signed his usual lucrative contract once again and will be Master of Ceremonies, providing color commentary while the judges score those who choose to exhibit their trusty aircraft and amazing flying skills.

We sincerely hope you will plan to share your time with us beginning Friday, July 22 through Wednesday, July 27, as it will be a terrific time!

Randy the Shooter
    Likes Farmboy, DavePA11, 40m, FdxLou, SJ and 2 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Bro. You are kicking arse. Might actually make it this year (Lord willing).

To all the people volunteering and helping with this, a huge thank you. And my sincere gratitude.

Bill
    Very Blessed. "It's not an obsession, it's a passion"

Post Thanks / Like
    This is awesome news!

sj

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------
    Likes WindOnHisNose, JP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Am I more help staying out of the way, or offering my lack of service and ability??

Who knows, maybe I should just buy a ticket and fly down on the smoker this year. See how it goes. Might want a vacation by then.

If a ground traveler shows up, are they allowed to oohhh and awww all the cool planes?
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!
    Likes OLDCROWE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aktango58 View Post
    Am I more help staying out of the way, or offering my lack of service and ability??

Who knows, maybe I should just buy a ticket and fly down on the smoker this year. See how it goes. Might want a vacation by then.

If a ground traveler shows up, are they allowed to oohhh and awww all the cool planes?
    Well, the answer generally is "no". However, word has it that if that person has the ability to play the bagpipe, and has been known to sport a kilt, is an exceptional aviator and a great person, that person will receive a key to the New Holstein Airport

Come on down and bring your bag pipe...or perhaps we can find one for you! What a wonderful way to start each day...hearing you play Amazing Grace to announce that the morning meal is soon to be served! You can use my Super Cub to give Young Eagle rides and exhibit your skills in the STOL exhibition, George, while I herd cats.

Randy the Shooter
    Likes jrussl, 40m, OLDCROWE, FdxLou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So when does Bagpipe season open in Wisconsin and do you need a special tag?
    Remember, These are the Good old Days!
    Likes 40m, A very stick puppy, jrussl, SJ, aktango58 and 3 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	George Campbell bagpipes.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	60435
    The Campbell Clan in action...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WindOnHisNose View Post
    The Campbell Clan inaction...
    Fixed it for you. 😎

Sorry George, I had to do it before the Oklahomans beat me to it.
    Speedo
    Likes OLDCROWE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It warms my hart to know how many of you really care about my well being.

Kirby, tags required. Season open between February 29th at 1159 PM and March First at 12:00 am.
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!
    Thanks OLDCROWE thanked for this post
    Likes FdxLou, WindOnHisNose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    dis gon be guud
    Likes WindOnHisNose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Stand by, Supercub.org pilots, things are coming together for the New Holstein Supercub Flyin!

We have formed the Friends of the New Holstein Airport, LLC, thanks to the work of Jeff Russell and Rhonda Arries, so things are up and running!

Rhonda is working on building a website that will be featured here on Supercub.org, and it is our plan to have registration and information regarding the Flyin to be posted there. SJ will continue to publicize the event here, and we appreciate his hospitality!

Steve Lewis and Jeff Russell are co-Leaders for Flyouts, and they are well into the planning stages. Lou Furlong is leading the Camping and Parking efforts, and Ron Sitzman is serving as the Jack of All Trades as the local liaison for transportation.

Sarah Dickerson is pitching in by gifting us her expertise in graphic design, and is working on what promises to be a super design for tee shirts and hats that will be unique for the New Holstein Supercub Flyin!

Jim "Big Deal" Dickerson is serving as the "Nutriment Wing Commander", and OMGosh we aren't going to starve this year! He is arranging for catering from the same people who made last year's Supercub Flyin the best culinary experience we have ever had...and this year will be even better! Perry Welch and the EAA chapter will be providing breakfasts for us most mornings and, of course, we will have flyouts as needed to take in Kelley's Creamery!

More to follow, but many thanks to those who have pitched in with donations and ideas and support. This is a work of love, and we are so happy to continue the 20 year tradition that was started by SJ.

Please mark your calendars for Friday July 22nd thru Wed July 27th! Also, please be willing to help with the Young Eagles Rally, to be held on Airport Appreciation Day, Sunday, July 24!

More to follow...

Randy the Shooter

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to those who have contacted us with regard to planning for the 2022 New Holstein Supercub Flyin event. We do not yet have the financial information nailed down, but we are close! It will likely be very similar to charges at previous NH events.

Rhonda Arries is in the process of constructing a website for "Friends of the New Holstein Airport", the LLC that was formed specifically to facilitate planning and architecture of the event. Please stay tuned here for an announcement regarding the address of the website. The website will have a wealth of information for us, and will serve as the official site of the New Holstein Supercub Flyin. Registrations for the event will be through the website.

Please continue to mark Friday, July 22nd, thru Wednesday, July 27th, on your calendars!

We look forward to seeing you there!

Randy the Shooter
    Likes FdxLou, jrussl liked this post