• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Aft upper & storage door

Farmboy

Middlebury, VT
For those of you that have installed (or own) an aft storage door, that hinges at the bottom so “falls down” when opened, how well does it seal against the weather?

Is there a “typical” inner frame flange style that helps keep the contents “more dry” ?

Main thought is just rain water when overnighting in the field.

Thanks,
Pb

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers… [emoji849]

I built my large top baggage door and joggled the edges. Used a D-cell type rubber seat all around and have had no leak issues. Will try to get a couple of pictures posted. I am an old man who just went from my final flip phone to a new I-Phone LOL. Will get a couple pics and try to get them posted. The plane sits out all summer on floats and I have had no issues. However, I made sure there is room for a water to get out near the bottom of the door and of course out the bottom of the fuselage. I bent up my door flanges from I think 22 gauge and made provisions for 1/4 turn fasteners. I have seen no evidence of leakage.

thumbnail.jpg Bear with me guys. First I phone and trying to figuring posting pics. Will try to get one with the door open

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 76
thumbnail (1).jpgthumbnail (1).jpg Starting to get a handle on it. More later

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 123
thumbnail (3).jpg Enough for now, thanks. Will get it fine tuned. LOL

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg