• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Supply chain issues

MoJo

FRIEND
ND
I have a piece of equipment that uses a specific bearing. I usually keep a spare on hand, and I replace the spare as necessary. In September I called to replace the spare, and I was told that I should have one by November. In December I called to check on delivery, and I was told that it has been pushed out till 1/1/2023.

I know that this bearing is used in a popular aircraft, for six times the price from the same manufacturer, and is still available, but may not be for long.

i didn’t mention the part number, because I didn’t want to cause a run it, but thought I should mention.

I imagine that this kind of thing must be prevalent.

I just watched Vans aircraft update video. Parts and material are a problem.

Not just a problem but a massive problem. When supply chain is disrupted like this it can start to work like a caterpillar in that it backs up then you get a run of production then backing up on another thing then a run of it. Watch for cyclical supply chain issues for the rest of this decade.

Also.....I talked with a huge petroleum dealer in our area. In a meeting with others he said to watch for BIG increases in fuel/oil prices should
the Commies invade Ukraine. His oil inventory is now as low as he has seen it.

Electronic parts delays are very delayed. Critical parts that make up the EarthX battery BMS are out as far as 7/23 delivery date.

Jerry

Both Atlee and Airframes are 2-3 months out on landing gear. I went with Airframes because I wanted mid steps. To be fair, I ordered them with Landes ski fittings which takes time. Landes says my pod might get done in April. Its everywhere.

I thought the Covid years were hard. This year is the hardest I’ve experienced in my professional history. I think some industries have found they can make more while providing less. Nobody’s accountable. Just more excuses.

I thought the Covid years were hard. This year is the hardest I’ve experienced in my professional history. I think some industries have found they can make more while providing less. Nobody’s accountable. Just more excuses.

Sure seems like Covid is a useful excuse for a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I needed some 4130 tubing early January. Three or 4 suppliers quoted March delivery dates. Finally found some in the size I needed at a non aviation supplier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke with a vendor in TX. He won a bid for stand-by generators for medium size commercial buildings. He’s under contract to provide within the customary 4-6 months. The mfgr revised lead time to 208 weeks. Yes, 4 years. Pricing TBD. I didn’t ask if there were liquidated damages. Holy crap, this is a tough business environment!

I think some industries have found they can make more while providing less.

This is certainly true, but this opens up the market for competitors.

As we have shipped our manufacturing knowledge and ability to other places we have slowly been cutting our own feet off.

Tim

Back