• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bidding Farewell

I'm happy for you, Steve. I've always thought it must be hard to put so much work into a plane, push it out the door and see someone else take it away. I know most mechanics put heart and soul into those kinds of rebuilds.

So, congratulations on "recapturing" one! And, good for you! Hop in that thing this summer and come up to Montana.

MTV

Like I told Tom after he finished rebuilding his Cub, you will never take the same chances after you spent the time making it nice. Your going to miss kickin ass with skill in a rat.

Glenn

But on the other hand his old cub was looking at a rebuild, and he said he doesn’t have the free time to do it. It was hard working full time, getting off work and working after dinner through 3am on your own plane. The tail on mine was twisted, the reason for rebuilding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I told Tom after he finished rebuilding his Cub, you will never take the same chances after you spent the time making it nice. Your going to miss kickin ass with skill in a rat.

Glenn
It was a very hard decision for that reason. The peer pressure was horrible but I saw the writing on the wall. I have projects that I have owned for 20 plus years that are just sitting. I have said many times I am going to work 8-5 and work on my own after hours, never happens.

Congrats Steve! Thanks for sharing the story. Amazing how things work out sometimes!! Enjoy the heck out of it!!

Great news and great story Steve. Planes are very personal to me, so it is something to let an old friend go because you have an even better one available that you know well. I have been able to sell only one plane and that was because I promised the seller he could buy it back anytime he wanted to. An old timer with tears in his eyes when I bought it. Made me feel good he got it back. Enjoy the heck out of that beauty. As others have said, you deserve it!
Gary

Nice plane Steve! Get it over quick and go poke a hole in it so you won't feel too bad later. I had an A&P do that to mine once. Needed a drain there anyhow he said.

Gary

Very nice steve. You deserve it. You work hard and still find time to help others, like me stay in the air.

The dogs will have to wipe their feet before getting in!
That dilemma is yet to be solved. ;)
PXL_20211230_213605727.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20211230_213605727.jpg
    PXL_20211230_213605727.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 562
That dilemma is yet to be solved. ;)
View attachment 59664
How hard would it be to build a Kydex "tub" liner that would fit in the back seat and baggage area. Could have a bit of a lip in front. Throw in some rugs to catch the mud and dirt. Often thought of making one to help clean up the mess when hauling fish, and moose or caribou quarters. Or a wet, muddy dog or decoys after a duck hunting trip.

Jim

Back