• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Trick Air Ski Plane fly-in at Jackson Seaplane Base McGregor, MN Saturday February 12th, 2022

Paul Jackson

PATRON
MN
The 7th Annual is on the calendar. Come one, come all and dress for the elements....

We moved to a bit later to see if we can capture some of the better ice and warmer temps.

We are fully moved to the lake and will have fire, food and beverages there. I had a few bonfire pits and some pallets with plywood to get your feet off the ice. If you're from Kansas City you may want to bring boots anyways.

We will attempt to plow a runway again for our wheeled friends and drag a good ski plane surface. The Blue Moose (formerly the Horseshoe Lake Inn) will cater a lunch menu. (As always food is compliments of Trick Air Skis).

If you are looking to come up on Friday and/or stay over on Saturday Big Sandy Lodge is the next lake over.

Here is a link to them: Big Sandy Lodge their phone is 218-426-5040

We will have snow and runway information as we get closer to the date. Ice looks decent with some usual overflow.

Mogas is available on the lake at Horseshoe Lake Inn on the northeast corner of the lake.

For advanced planning we are MN61 and we are about 8 miles NE of KHZX which has 100LL and tie downs.

More news to come......

Update for this morning. Runway is north south and likely winds show a south arrival. We will have a packed surface with some powder drifts that we will keep trying to knock down. At this time I would only recommend ski operations. The powder is packed and I can’t break the ridges down completely with the drag. I will mark with pine boughs and plan a left turn off and taxi back to parking. We will have fire pits going and chili and chowder and sandwiches start about 11. 122.90 McGregor airport voice ATIS is out but ADS B data is operational.

Back