• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Here's to 20 Years My Friends

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
I opened a box at work today from supporting member number one. His seven word post-it note message stuck to the appropriately named champagne bottle reminded me that it was in January 2002 that I first launched these forums. I honestly do not know where the time has gone but I do know that my life would be completely different had I chosen a different course.

I am so incredibly humbled by all of the friendship and support I have received from you all these last twenty years. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. My job for the next twenty years is to figure out how to make sure all of this great information you have all painstakingly shared can continue on after "sj".

Happy New Year to you all and my most sincere thanks.

piper.png

Attachments

• piper.png
    piper.png
    544.8 KB · Views: 222
Thank you for creating this site and for all you continue to do. I have also made many great friends in this community.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Thank you Steve. I think there are a whole bunch of us in this group, whose lives have been changed for the better, by the work you did bring us together.

Bill

Dang, DUDE! Has it been that long? Good on you and many thanks for hosting this forum….simply the best aviation forum on earth.MTV

Yes! Thanks!
One of the very few "chat" groups on the planet that is actually worth opening up - much less worth purchasing a membership in!
In fact, it is the only "chat" group on the planet I am a member of.
Steve

I am a relative newbie, but it is an awesome site, I have learned a lot, so thanks Steve and to all the contributors

WOW! Didn't realize it was that long. Checked my join date, it was 8-2003. Looks like a missed a year and a half!

Wow, I am a new guy also... 04.

Those were some days, Lawn Dart, Diggler, TJ, Crash... just to name a few that had less tact and way more knowledge than I.

Bill is spot on about changing lives, the amount of information and help that has been shared is incredible.

Friendships for life formed at every corner of the earth.

Her is to another 20 years!

I am in the middle. This site has been absolutely wonderful! From my first post about buying N9119D to today I have always found something interesting. Thank you!

Thank you Steve.

This site is literally the first site I check every morning (after I get my coffee). The wealth of knowledge, the willingness of people to share “been there—done that” advice and the lifelong friendships earned here are all priceless!

For sure, your hard work keeping things running is sincerely appreciated!

Wow. I'm too lazy to check but I think it was a late spring night in 03 that I stumbled on this amazing site. Where people talk about Cubs and People with Cubs and do things Together as People with Cubs. Not a Doctor with a Cub or a Farmer with a Cub, but people with Cubs.

I was and remain hooked on this Group. We all fit here. And, SJ has been quite tolerant of the antics. Even when Thing One and Thing Two showed up on his doorstep to eat, drink and sing.

Only been here 4 1/2 years or so, but my life has been a lot richer for it. Thanks, Steve.

Thanks Steve from an old guy who flew Cubs and others long long time ago. Your wonderful site is my evening's entertainment. What a great bunch of people are in this group. Keep up the good work and Happy New Year to all. Pete Schoeninger

SuperCub.org is just about always open on my computer screen. Night and day actually as I seldom shut my computer down. It took me about 30 days after you started this to find this site and I have been here ever since. I don't say a whole lot but I sure read a whole lot. We have some great people here willing to share their experience and knowledge with all of us. Thanks everyone. Thank You, SJ!!

SJ yes your life is completely different, as are all of ours. It has been a pleasure being a part of this wonderful family. No telling what life in retirement would have been without all of you, my family. Hope to be here in another 20 years!
Enjoy the bubbly, you and VL earned it!
Lou

19 years and agree. I quit FB, never looked at Twitter, but still read most of this site daily. Thanks Steve.

Thanks so much, such a treasure to my flying life as well as life in general. The people here have helped me, supported me and cost me lots of money over time,lol. Just kidding on last line. Thats flying in general. You people have humbled me, which is quite an accomplishment. I remember looking for a part or information about a mod. Would have to be on the phone forever or jump in the picku[p and drive down to dans then twitchells to pick brains. Who woulda thunk steve, laura and the knowledgable supercub.org members would have shrunk the world to a small well run neighborhood. Frickin amazing

And from here across the pond, in ENGLAND, I thank you for so much shared info, oh & the humour (humor) shared by all the contributors you have facilitated. Ian

It is hard to believe it has been that long. I will echo the sentiment from others and their appreciation for more than just the technical content of the site. Many of us have enjoyed the ancillary benefit of knowing some of the finest people a person could ever hope to know.

Been here since 2005, always good times, hosted many at our home when people are going to Alaska, the door is always open.

Steve,

Thanks for continuing to put up with this ragtag bunch of misfits. We are all deeply appreciative of your efforts. Bravo!

I joined in Aug. 2002 before I really new anything about Super Cubs but consider myself still learning. I think I originally asked some questions on CubCrafters forum and If I remember right and Crash pointed to this site. It is the only forum I look at on a regular basis (not every day but probably once a week). I don't say much compared to others, I mostly set on the sidelines. Thank you SJ

Thanks Steve, its been great. 21 years I have had my cub and its still such a good ride

Thanks Steve. I joined in 2003 and have met some really good people through the website. Good stuff.

Back