• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Case and crank send out.....?

turbofan

albany,ny
Where are people sending out cases and cranks? Called Divco today, $995 per case going up 10% next year, turnaround 3 months.

Anyone have other case and crank shop suggestions with turnaround times?

Thx

I had an engine builder use Crankcase Services for my Pponk case. The only crank work I’ve had done was by Aircraft Specialties.

Mine are at Divco and A/C Specialties. There was a kitplanes article about it a few years back and the guy said he paid extra for Divco to expedite his case. I'm in no rush so the 3 month turnaround is fine, might be worth asking about if you need it faster though.

I have used Divco and Crankcase Services. Aircraft Specialties for crankshaft. Aircraft Engine and Accessories is not anyone I would recommend. Charge the same for a crankcase overhaul and all they do is dye penetrant and inspect which in my case they didn't do a good job at. Also ground two sets of rockers off square so they started chipping pieces off the foot on the valve stem tip.

I use Central Cylinder in Omaha for all my stuff. Great shop!
I just picked up my second Pponk(XP470) a few days ago. Been running the first and sure happy.
Resized_20211223_134359.jpeg

Attachments

• Resized_20211223_134359.jpeg
    Resized_20211223_134359.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 88
Lycon did my case with the “O” ring groove machined in the case to eliminate the silk thread. They also did my crank and rods. Was a fairly quick turn around time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LyCon machines for the o'ring, their STC but they out source the case overhaul. Had a couple drop shipped from the case shop to LyCon.

I had divco do my case and ship to lycon to do the o ring. Speciality services for the steel and new parts. AirPower had new cyl and shipped to lycon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Central Cylinder told me that Lycoming will not take any cylinder orders in 2022 as they are trying to catch up. Also, Superior cylinders.......if ordered today would probably
not be delivered until September.
I'd like to find a set of new Milleniums SL32006W-A20P if anyone knows of a contact for them.

Send them to Tulsa. Divco and Aircraft Specialties and several other great shops are within walking distance of each other and while you're at it grab lunch at Evelyn's (located in the middle of the Airport, just up from the Tulsa Air and Space Museum) for some of the best southern food around.

Last edited:
Back