Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Eyes on Youtube continue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BC12D-4-85 View Post
    Any other type of plane would have spun in instead of landing like they should on brush and rocks.

Gary
    CG Taylor did make the perfect plane for flying straight into the ground
    Likes aktango58, BC12D-4-85 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup the smart Taylorcraft started to turn the prop but the pilot had left it at idle. Now if he had opened the throttle B4 sucking out......

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never seen someone's ashes like that. I have spread ashes and they come in a bag 100 times bigger than that and a lot finer. Kinda looked like Crack rocks to me. Maybe that is it, he was smoking Crack.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Likes 40m, Farmboy, Brownie, Hardtailjohn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I have never seen someone's ashes like that. I have spread ashes and they come in a bag 100 times bigger than that and a lot finer. Kinda looked like Crack rocks to me. Maybe that is it, he was smoking Crack.
    The fellow that passed had died years ago. It was in terrible taste to bring him into the story. I believe he passed jumping and in that community separating ashes to be spread by friends in different places is not uncommon. Given time passed, and the apparent integrity of the video creator it could have been fireplace ashes.
    Thanks hangarmonkey thanked for this post
    Likes Steve Pierce liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    In the video, he mentioned that he had “some of the ashes” of his friend.

MTV

Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously video comprehension is kinda like my reading comprehension was in school.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW I got talked into helping spread someone's cremains for a shirt tail relative last summer.
    It turned out to be only a sandwich baggie about half full.
    I think "spreading them around" is a pretty common practice.
    Cessna Skywagon-- accept no substitute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod180 View Post
    "He got sucked out of his plane. This happens a lot".
    ?!?!?
    It’s a satire page. People thought he was serious a while back and the faa got involved. Now he has to say it’s not real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes pzinck liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    It’s a satire page. People thought he was serious a while back and the faa got involved. Now he has to say it’s not real.

He did say it sucked.

The guy is good at deadpan. It was even better than watching the idiot hit the thorns.

As I understand it, those sport canopies are expensive. Wonder how many tears his got walking out with it over the shoulder.
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!
    Likes Hardtailjohn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Pilots don’t destroy airplanes, but opportunists do. That’s all these people are. Any pilot who has been in a serious crash (not an “incident” but a crash) knows something down deep, and that is you don’t walk away unscathed even if you apparently do.
    Likes mixer, hangarmonkey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Woke up this morning and see the guy is on ABC news with the headline "Pilot Crashes For Clicks?" -- so he got what he wanted: attention. Now he'll probably get it, just a little more than wanted from the authorities.
    Likes hangarmonkey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    And they pulled all of Martha’s tickets for just flying under a bridge…

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingde View Post
    And they pulled all of Martha’s tickets for just flying under a bridge…
    Don't think so. The reports I read say the revocation was because of the alleged intentional disabling of transponder and ADS-B Out.
    Thanks mydoghasa170 thanked for this post
    Likes mydoghasa170 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I filled out the background check questionnaire from DHS because I finally got a hangar at our local airport. One of the questions was if I had ever been charged or convicted of 18 USC 32, Destruction of aircraft or aircraft facilities.

Well, I hadn't, but decided to look it up:

"18 USC 32

(a) Whoever willfully-

(1) sets fire to, damages, destroys, disables, or wrecks any aircraft ... or any civil aircraft used, operated, or employed in interstate, overseas, or foreign air commerce;
    shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years or both."

Willfully wrecking an airplane is no small thing. Up to 20 years!
    Likes RedOwlAirfield, Hardtailjohn, Herc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RVBottomly View Post
    Today I filled out the background check questionnaire from DHS because I finally got a hangar at our local airport. One of the questions was if I had ever been charged or convicted of 18 USC 32, Destruction of aircraft or aircraft facilities.

Well, I hadn't, but decided to look it up:

"18 USC 32

(a) Whoever willfully-

(1) sets fire to, damages, destroys, disables, or wrecks any aircraft ... or any civil aircraft used, operated, or employed in interstate, overseas, or foreign air commerce;
    shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years or both."

Willfully wrecking an airplane is no small thing. Up to 20 years!
    I don't think this applies as the Tcrate wasn't being used in air commerce unless you count youtube profiteering and that is a stretch. They can hang him on 91.13, the state could hang him on all sorts of things, but in the end who cares it isn't much of a crime. Retarded but not very criminal, worry about the drunk driver that could run over your kid, not retards that destroy their own property for social media clicks. In your self righteous outrage you might not be able to see it but Trevor skating is the best thing for all of us. We are well down the slippery slope of recreation that some people are afraid of is outlawed for everyone, cause feelings. You can go harrumph all you want but what you like to do is next or already gone they just haven't caught up with you yet. To the people that make the rules Trevor intentionally jumping and wrecking his plane isn't different from you intentionally landing off airport and accidentally wrecking your airplane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggB View Post
    I don't think this applies as the Tcrate wasn't being used in air commerce unless you count youtube profiteering and that is a stretch. They can hang him on 91.13, the state could hang him on all sorts of things, but in the end who cares it isn't much of a crime. Retarded but not very criminal, worry about the drunk driver that could run over your kid, not retards that destroy their own property for social media clicks. In your self righteous outrage you might not be able to see it but Trevor skating is the best thing for all of us. We are well down the slippery slope of recreation that some people are afraid of is outlawed for everyone, cause feelings. You can go harrumph all you want but what you like to do is next or already gone they just haven't caught up with you yet. To the people that make the rules Trevor intentionally jumping and wrecking his plane isn't different from you intentionally landing off airport and accidentally wrecking your airplane.
    So, by this logic, none of us should be outraged by destruction of a great aircraft, breaking of multiple laws (not just aviation regs), or general dumbassery? Not enough chemicals in this land to make me that mellow.

Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.
    Likes 40m, Willie, Hardtailjohn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not particularly outraged. My only point was doing stupid things may have consequences undreamed of.

I agree a federal prosecutor might have better things to do, but why tempt them?

In my haste I left out the part in 18 USC 32 about wrecking "an aircraft in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States."

49 U.S. Code § 46501(2) has that covered too:

"(2)“special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States” includes any of the following aircraft in flight:
    (A) a civil aircraft of the United States...."
    Likes 40m, Gordon Misch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wireweinie View Post
    So, by this logic, none of us should be outraged by destruction of a great aircraft, breaking of multiple laws (not just aviation regs), or general dumbassery? Not enough chemicals in this land to make me that mellow.

Web
    To normal people there is no difference between what Trevor did and accidently wrecking a Supercub landing off airport. Both are unnecessary and carry risk. Risk only to the pilots but it has been illegal to put yourself and solely yourself at risk in America for a long time, just not consistently enforced. And you landing off airport is not necessary to the people who make the rules no matter how important you think it is for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    No difference? One is an intentional act that actually has laws that cover it and the other is simply an accident that occurs while pursuing a legal avenue of work or recreation.

If he went and trashed a lifted 4X4 on recreational or public land, he'd have to pay $50 and pick up the garbage (bonus if you can name that reference). But if he was Bajaing around and rolled it on a highway, it's just a traffic accident. I've never heard about any US law prohibiting risky behavior. Just ask Timothy Treadwell about that.

Finally, landing off airport is actually necessary. At least here.

Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.
    Likes DENNY, Willie, Coondog liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my thing. Trevor could have gotten more "Likes" and boosted his self worth if he bought that old Taylorcraft and helped some kid starting out in aviation and filmed it. If you knew the history of that particular airplane you would know that it has been the source for some really good people getting in to flying. I know one of them. He worked for me for a while and has moved on to flying jets. THAT airplane, as old and beat up as it was, allowed him to solo a taildragger in a time where aviation is inaccessible to most. It was the start of his aviation career.

Instead, Trevor put a nail in the coffin of any career he can ever hope for by doing something dumb on a public forum and getting caught. He showed the world that his word was without value.
    Clip-wing Taylorcraft
    Looking for a PA-11 or PA-18-95

Post Thanks / Like
    To normal people there is no difference between what Trevor did and accidently wrecking a Supercub landing off airport. Both are unnecessary and carry risk. Risk only to the pilots but it has been illegal to put yourself and solely yourself at risk in America for a long time, just not consistently enforced. And you landing off airport is not necessary to the people who make the rules no matter how important you think it is for yourself.
    Phooey!

From Genesis: "And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be
    found in all corners of the earth."

Then he made the earth round... and He laughed and laughed and laughed!
    Likes DENNY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Horseshi,

Sorry SJ...

I disagree. Releasing even a 1,000 pound Taylorcraft to glide empty and uncontrolled into a dry landscape known for fires, and that people may or may not be located, is far different than controlled flight to a landing that did not work out.

Would you jump out of your car while doing 60 mph down the highway and let it go uncontrolled into what and where it decides to go?

Further discussion I will withhold to prevent deterioration of the subject.
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!
    Likes acroeric, DENNY, gdafoe, Willie, Hardtailjohn and 3 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you lost the engine and was flying the dead stick airplane in and saw someone you could at least try not to hit them. Not so much when you bail out and watch it crash.

Likes DENNY, 40m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is exactly why we should be outraged at this needless stunt.
    This youtube cowboy is cashing in and we're the ones left holding the bag.
    We're all aware that flying is a huge privilege that we get to enjoy here, but it's eroding fast.
    Any negative attention to GA just hastens its demise.
    Likes DENNY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by acroeric View Post
    Here is my thing. Trevor could have gotten more "Likes" and boosted his self worth if he bought that old Taylorcraft and helped some kid starting out in aviation and filmed it. If you knew the history of that particular airplane you would know that it has been the source for some really good people getting in to flying. I know one of them. He worked for me for a while and has moved on to flying jets. THAT airplane, as old and beat up as it was, allowed him to solo a taildragger in a time where aviation is inaccessible to most. It was the start of his aviation career.

Instead, Trevor put a nail in the coffin of any career he can ever hope for by doing something dumb on a public forum and getting caught. He showed the world that his word was without value.
    I don't understand the derision either, for Taylorcraft. Without Taylor, there would be no Piper anything and especially Cub & SuperCubs.

Orlando Sentinel

April 13, 1988

TUSTIN, CALIF. — C. G. TAYLOR, 89, a self-taught aircraft designer whose Taylor Cub evolved into the overwhelmingly successful Piper Cub of the 1930s and 1940s, died March 29. In partnership with William Piper, Taylor designed and sold the Taylor Cub, a lightweight, two-passenger airplane, in the early 1930s. After several years in production, Piper bought Taylor's interest in the aircraft and began manufacturing it under the Piper Cub label. Taylor designed another single-engine aircraft in 1936, the Taylorcraft, which also was highly successful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe this thread has run it's course...
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------
    Likes jnorris, silflexer, cubnut liked this post