Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Eyes on Youtube continue

Post Thanks / Like

Black Eyes on Youtube continue

At some point I wish Darwin's theory would work a little faster.

For those that have not seen it, another youtube wonder has made headlines with an incredibly staged lunatic video destroying an early model Taylorcraft after parachuting out due to an 'engine failure'.

Avweb article: https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...line-backlash/

Any suggestions on what the aviation community can do to curb the increasingly stupid and destructive youtube craze on aviation?

This particular video shows many actions and decisions that make me agree that it was staged. I hope the FAA removes his ticket(s) and the Land owners go after him for littering. That said, my concern is we see an ever escalating level of stupidity in videos that show aviators in a very poor light.

Thoughts?
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!
    Thanks siegel185, tedwaltman1, Penguin, eviens thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm always amazed at what people post, showing direct violation of FAR's never mind common sense. Once it's posted on line, it's forever. I think the correct terms are egoist and narcissist. Go join the circus, and save the plane for someone else. Hollywood has wasted plenty of good airplanes and pilots, and still struggles to get it right - maybe I should accept CGI as a way to save good airplanes.
    Likes DENNY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aktango58 View Post

For those that have not seen it, another youtube wonder has made headlines with an incredibly staged lunatic video destroying an early model Taylorcraft after parachuting out due to an 'engine failure'.

Avweb article: https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...line-backlash/

Any suggestions on what the aviation community can do to curb the increasingly stupid and destructive youtube craze on aviation?

This particular video shows many actions and decisions that make me agree that it was staged. I hope the FAA removes his ticket(s) and the Land owners go after him for littering. That said, my concern is we see an ever escalating level of stupidity in videos that show aviators in a very poor light.

Thoughts?
    Couldn’t agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes JeffP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    After careful analysis I’ve noticed that the goofballs in aviation have a high trend towards the Taylorcraft.
    I wonder why that is
    don’t go hating on me, this is a cub site.
    I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
    Likes KevinJ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aktango58 View Post

How about free fuel for them? Make them into a self correcting problem.

Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.
    Likes JeffP, Hardtailjohn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Even a Half-Assed pilot could have made that river bed. And who flys with a parachute? Maybe the Feds should ask around and see how often this clown flew with a parachute. I bet never, except for this flight. I hope his insurance company and the land owner go after him.
    Likes tedwaltman1, courierguy, DENNY, Bugs66 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Taylorcraft - best glider around! Yea I saw the Post earlier on the Taylorcraft Facebook forum. Not watching the village idiot and adding to his like score plus more $.

Gary
    Likes alaskadrifter, Hardtailjohn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Even a Half-Assed pilot could have made that river bed. And who flys with a parachute? Maybe the Feds should ask around and see how often this clown flew with a parachute. I bet never, except for this flight. I hope his insurance company and the land owner go after him.
    He was too busy dicking around with his selfie stick and providing dialogue for his "emergency." Yup, a fine landing area, not to mention some reasonable crash sites, especially at T-Craft speeds, are clearly visible, and never considered, as they would have interfered with the plot.

Any other former T-Craft pilots catch a glimpse of his main tank fuel level indicator? It was hard to see but right be fore he bails out, it appeared to be down all the way and not bobbing happily like it should be. If his foot would have gotten jammed up in the cockpit, leaving him dangling upside down, think of all the hits his channel would have gotten! I'm embarrassed for the plane, what a sad ending after 81 years of flight. This stinks as much as the Jussie Smollett scenario, from the getgo.
    Last edited by courierguy; 12-26-2021 at 06:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the phoniest thing I have ever seen. The jerk should be in jail.
    Likes 180TigerCub liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Somehow Johnny's ashes made it out with him but his water bottle, apparently his only survival equipment, disappeared in a crash where the entire airframe is accounted for.

If I am correct, in addition to never removing the parachute harness, some shadows in the video make it appear that he is carrying the wadded up chute with him through the brush.

Three cameras, chute and cell phone but no inReach or PLB?

Why another totaled Tcrate? Because of their low acquisition price they have become "disposable" assets for this kind of sickening foolishness.
    "Always looking up"
    Thanks JeffP thanked for this post
    Likes Hardtailjohn, stid2677 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Easy solution. Stop watching. If not for here I wouldn’t know this thing ever happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartb View Post
    Easy solution. Stop watching. If not for here I wouldn’t know this thing ever happened.
    I am in total agreement. The downside is nobody can analyze current day activities such as this without the subject benefitting financially.
    "Always looking up"

Post Thanks / Like
    This reminds me of an incident near here many many decades ago. Someone was flying a Piper Apache when something happened ( I don't recall what ) so he pointed the airplane towards the ocean and bailed out. Likely praised by the media for preventing possible harm to people on the ground! .............................. Who wears a parachute in an Apache? ..... Someone pulling an insurance scam?
    N1PA
    Likes RaisedByWolves liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what the insurance status was?

At 2:50 when the engine problem was happening he's pulling right back on the stick. I would suggest to stop the windmilling of the prop for visual effect on the camera. There is a little pumping of the elevators, maybe trying not to stall, but get the prop stopped. I stopped watching after that as I thought it was a crock.
    Likes stid2677 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't there a youtube a while back with a T-Craft getting away after hand-propping--
    either a runaway on the ground, or maybe it took off & flew away?
    Was that the same guy?
    Cessna Skywagon-- accept no substitute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod180 View Post
    Wasn't there a youtube a while back with a T-Craft getting away after hand-propping--
    either a runaway on the ground, or maybe it took off & flew away?
    Was that the same guy?
    Different guy. He destroys stuff trucks etc on the ground. Put the wings on it hand propped it and nosed over almost immediately

Post Thanks / Like
    Being a former ski diver with almost 2k jumps and a current Tcraft owner I would say this was all staged and he should be charged with something by the Faa, USFS, BLM, etc. You could not fit in Tcraft with a skydive rig on without removing seat cushions. Any skydiver could land in any clear spot 20ft square and not in the thorn bushes. Also would bundle up the canopy and stow it in the container and not carry it through the bushes. And oh yeah, Tcraft F21s are faster than stock SCs, carry more inside, land and take off almost as short. Cost less to buy.

Jim
    Thanks courierguy, Airguide thanked for this post
    Likes Colorguns, Hardtailjohn, algonquin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It might not make a difference, but at the beginning the idiot spends time talking about his sponsor: Ridge Wallets. I sent their sponsor an email explaining that they are sponsoring a lunatic that is breaking the laws, and that I would not consider their product if this is what they support.

Maybe just a waste of time, but imagine if we got the entire aviation community to actually send an email. Maybe if sponsors go away from this type of crap, they won't be showing up on Youtube.

Their email: support@ridge.com
    Thanks J5Ron thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my Ridge wallet! Your high horse took a wrong turn a few crossroads ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my Ridge wallet! Your high horse took a wrong turn a few crossroads ago.
    I am glad it is a good product, but does that make their support of such stupidity a good thing?

If they are a grood product, why would they need to support such an idiot?
    Likes G44, phdigger123, wireweinie, gdafoe, FdxLou and 8 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    They get hits on YouTube. They don’t care how. Besides, if others want to watch him? It isn’t your place to stop them. Watch what makes you happy instead of what makes you angry. It’s you that makes the choice.
    Likes Crash, Jr., GreggB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes Hardtailjohn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TcraftF21 View Post
    Being a former ski diver with almost 2k jumps and a current Tcraft owner I would say this was all staged and he should be charged with something by the Faa, USFS, BLM, etc. You could not fit in Tcraft with a skydive rig on without removing seat cushions. Any skydiver could land in any clear spot 20ft square and not in the thorn bushes. Also would bundle up the canopy and stow it in the container and not carry it through the bushes. And oh yeah, Tcraft F21s are faster than stock SCs, carry more inside, land and take off almost as short. Cost less to buy.

Jim
    But the thorn bushes were the the best part... I was rooting for them!
    Remember, These are the Good old Days!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDCROWE View Post
    But the thorn bushes were the the best part... I was rooting for them!
    You and me both... I was hoping he would find some of those Locust thorns like we have around here. Some of the thorns are 6" long, and will penetrate a tractor tire.
    Jim Parker
    2007 Rans S-6ES
    Thanks Coondog thanked for this post
    Likes Gordon Misch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    They get hits on YouTube. They don’t care how. Besides, if others want to watch him? It isn’t your place to stop them. Watch what makes you happy instead of what makes you angry. It’s you that makes the choice.
    I makes me angry to look at a grown man in a skirt and leggings.....but I'm still here.
    Sometimes anger fuels the fire of righteousness. I don't think the RAF would be here today without it.
    "Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cubdrvr View Post
    I makes me angry to look at a grown man in a skirt and leggings.....but I'm still here.
    Sometimes anger fuels the fire of righteousness. I don't think the RAF would be here today without it.
    What did he say?
    Likes Hardtailjohn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What's a ski diver?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTonChamp View Post
    What's a ski diver?
    "Sky diver"
    "Always looking up"
    Likes hman442 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OK. When I was a boy and we had 3 tv channels, Mike Nelson (Lloyd Bridges,"Seahunt"), was a 'skin diver.' Now I've sky dived, seen people jump out of helicopters to snow ski and fly with no parachute. In the context of the thread it seemed logical but you can not be sure in modern times. There are a lot of things I'm just discovering. One of them, apparently, is someone will intentionally crash an airplane just to make a video.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is why idiots crash airplanes for fun and profit>>> https://influencermarketinghub.com/h...outubers-make/

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    An entire new YouTube biz is being started by others posting about the incident, and they are getting lots of hits.
    Likes GreggB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The best one yet!!

https://youtu.be/PRwV9rn2794

Post Thanks / Like
    Any other type of plane would have spun in instead of landing like they should on brush and rocks.

Gary
    Thanks seaplanepilot thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtailjohn View Post
    The best one yet!!

This is awesome.... worth watching the whole thing.
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by courierguy View Post
    An entire new YouTube biz is being started by others posting about the incident, and they are getting lots of hits.
    That is the funny part his stunt has been a windfall for other YTers. I haven't watched many but have videos recommended from channels that are aviation adjacent and not pure aviation covering this dreadful mishap. The next move is YTers collectively buying old airplanes then drawing straws to see who has to fake a crash so the rest of them can comment on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtailjohn View Post
    The best one yet!!

"He got sucked out of his plane. This happens a lot".
    ?!?!?
    Cessna Skywagon-- accept no substitute!
    Likes RaisedByWolves liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BC12D-4-85 View Post
    Any other type of plane would have spun in instead of landing like they should on brush and rocks.

Gary
    Naw, Gary, pilots spin airplanes. That said, the worst part of all this is the loss of a grand old airplane, that, regardless of condition, could have found a home and taught many more pilots the finer art of flying.

SAD,

MTV

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mvivion View Post
    Naw, Gary, pilots spin airplanes. That said, the worst part of all this is the loss of a grand old airplane, that, regardless of condition, could have found a home and taught many more pilots the finer art of flying.

SAD,

MTV
    Not sure Mike... did you watch the part of the "sucked out" airplane where he points out that airplane restarted itself and started flying away? I think there might be two airplanes involved here...
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------
    Likes DENNY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You always have to have a stunt double for your plane.