• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sensorcon CO detector discount

behindpropellers

NE Ohio
Folks,

Saw a note about potential CO problems with a cargo pod that has holes cut in it for float wires...etc.

I have one of these, and you can purchase them with the discount "aircraft2021". I have no ties to Sensorcon, just passing along.

www.sensorcon.com

Thanks! good timing for me coming in to colder weather. Saved 20% and they are offering free shipping .

The aviation specific one, non "pro", has alarms available for 35 PPM or 200 PPM, based on how you set it. The "pro" model has a customizable alarm setting.

For those of you who have a digital reader in the cockpit, how often do you see anything above, say, 10 PPM?

The aviation specific one, non "pro", has alarms available for 35 PPM or 200 PPM, based on how you set it. The "pro" model has a customizable alarm setting.

For those of you who have a digital reader in the cockpit, how often do you see anything above, say, 10 PPM?

Penguin,

If I open the door in my 206 while it is running it comes up to 6. Otherwise stays at zero.

Tim

Just got this email from them. Pretty nice discount.

From now through December 31st get the standard Inspector (INS2-CO-01) for only $99!

USE PROMO CODE: HOLIDAY99

Anyone got an update on actual performance, now that several folks seem to have purchased these?

Thanks. cubscout

I’ve had a couple of them for several years now. I like them. I get tired of having to send them in for recals or EOL messages, but maybe that just means time is moving too fast for me. I like that they’re local (Erie PA I believe).

Used mine yesterday for the 1st time. Never came off 0. I hang it off bottom of the panel.

I have one of these mounted in the panel of my 206. In flight it reads zero. If I open the door while it is running, it creeps up to 6 PPM.

Tim

For science, I tested mine today. Started the YJ up in the garage with the door shut. 10 PPM within seconds spiking to over 300 within 30 seconds. The lights and chime went off as advertised right at 35 PPM.

Only gripe is that I am not sure I will hear the chime in the cockpit. Has anyone tested?

IMG_5974 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5974 (1).jpg
    IMG_5974 (1).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 92
I’ve had a couple of them for several years now. I like them. I get tired of having to send them in for recals or EOL messages, but maybe that just means time is moving too fast for me. I like that they’re local (Erie PA I believe).

What is the frequency of your recalibration messages? I read through their instruction manual without finding any info on that. The CO sniffers I am familiar with in fire departments require a monthly zero and gas cal; but I figure that is likely driven more by legal liability issues than real machine reliability.

What is the frequency of your recalibration messages? I read through their instruction manual without finding any info on that.

The instruction sheet for the AV8 Inspector Models seems to have that information in the warranty paragraph on page 3.

Recommended calibration every 6 months. End of Life message at 2 years of use (message cleared for 180 days after a new calibration)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0956/3886/files/av8-manual-05.21.pdf?v=1620828336

In addition, the instruction sheet shows there is a "days to calibration" indicator in the lower right of the display.

Calibration can be performed by the owner but requires 50 ppm calibration gas at a specified flow rate. I found no information on what the manufacturer charges for calibration.

The Kidde non aviation CO detector I use in my PA-28 has no calibration requirement but I think it has a 10 year life limit.

Back