• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Paul Claus this Wednesday on the HDHP!

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
PaulClausGreenland.jpg

Paul Claus will be joining us to talk about flying to and flying in Greenland in his Cessna 180.

All the details on how to watch live or later are here: https://www.supercub.org/HDHP

Attachments

• PaulClausGreenland.jpg
    PaulClausGreenland.jpg
    709.3 KB · Views: 183
Steve, first of all thank you for your HDHP YouTube series ���� that is one positive side of the pamdemic looking them in lockdown�� I have seen close to all and kudos to all participants in front of the camera, presenting their storys. The last HDHP with Paul Claus is one of the best in my opinion. The background story of the expedition is well known here in Austria ���� So interesting to dig a little deeper in this story again.
Keep them up and stay safe, Anthony

Attachments

• A67335BD-4527-4C7A-B844-0E1BF49C90F4.jpeg
    A67335BD-4527-4C7A-B844-0E1BF49C90F4.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 74
Thanks, Anthony! Paul did an amazing job as always!

sj

Thank you Paul for yet another engaging and visually stunning trip report. Your pictures and wonderful story telling made my, and I’m sure many others, day! As Steve suggested, perhaps “A Day in the Life of Ultima Thule” could be a future presentation.

And thank you too Steve for organizing, moderating and coordinating a consistently first rate set of speakers! Much appreciated!

That was a fascinating story with great pictures. The trip was surely unpredictable in many ways which I’m confident added to their appreciation of it. Paul did a great job of telling it too.

A few years ago some folks in Montana restored a DC3 and flew it to Europe for the 75th anniversary of D-Day. One of them is Bryan Douglass and he wrote a book about the trip titled Every Reason to Fail. They stopped in Greenland and he mentions some of the rules and prohibitions and fees for landing in Greenland. Most non-commercial traffic avoids the country because of it.

Paul is right we need to appreciate the freedoms to fly that we have in this country.

Back