• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Float rigging for Legend cub

CubDriver218

Minnesota
I'm in the market for some floats for an American Legend Texas sport. I'm wondering if regular PA11 or PA18 rigging will work?
The Texas sport is 3" wider so I wasn't sure? Any ideas what rigging will and will not work for my applications?
Thanks

Last edited:
Basically the same except for the width. You may need to make extensions for the cross wire's wire pulls.

What skywagon8a said. Wipaire’s widebody and standard width Cub rigging is identical except for the wire pulls. Makes it easy to swap from one version to the other and keeps unique parts count down.

—Amy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Center of mass and gravity, deck angles, and uprights, diagonals, and flying wires, etc. would have to be checked. Call EDO or legend—they should know for sure because for sure is way better than a maybe and I hope so.

What skywagon8a said. Wipaire’s widebody and standard width Cub rigging is identical except for the wire pulls. Makes it easy to swap from one version to the other and keeps unique parts count down.

—Amy

Do you know if 11 rigging is the same as 18 rigging? I see a set of floats for sale off a pa18-95 and wondering if thta'd work except for the wire pulls? just trying to get a good understanding before I purchase floats.

Do you know if 11 rigging is the same as 18 rigging? I see a set of floats for sale off a pa18-95 and wondering if thta'd work except for the wire pulls? just trying to get a good understanding before I purchase floats.

That part I cannot answer, but EDO or whatever float manufacturer you are looking at may be able to help you out. I’m good for Wipline float questions but can’t speak with much authority on other models.

There is likely a lot of similarity but you’ll likely need to consult drawings to verify. Since the PA-18-95 had a higher gross weight, it may have some differences.

—Amy

Back