Thread: TN87 - KBRD any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

TN87 - KBRD any suggestions?

Like the title suggest. I'm going to be flying a cub from TN87-KBRD sometime in Dec or Jan. Working on the scheduling and stuff now. Wondering if any of you have any recommendations for cool places to stop for fuel or overnight?
    Fast or slow, always low, freedom of flight soothes the soul.

Laporte, Minnesota and the white sandy beaches of NW Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just want to say congrats on getting a Legend Cub. I'm a Legend fan. After you get it back to MN, if you get up my way, stop in.
    Don't take life too seriously ... no one gets out alive!
    Likes CubDriver218 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lee Bottom is a neat place though they do not have fuel (available at the county airport). Lee Bottom is 64I and the county airport is KIMS.

I don’t have any experience with the middle part of your trip so no thoughts there.

Farther along your route, KRPJ Rochelle is a good stop. There is a courtesy car and airport restaurant and bar over at the skydiving center.

Then, you have options like Platteville KPVB (FBO, flight school, and maintenance operated by Super Cub owners Alaine and Andy). Viroqua Y51 and Boscobel KOVS are nice stops. Boscobel is down in a little river valley so if there is a chance for fog, they can get socked in.

New Richmond KRNH is a good stop, or swing into South St. Paul KSGS (the home of Wipaire) for easy metro access and nicely priced fuel. KSTP Saint Paul Downtown has pretty approaches but you’ll pay more to be there. They do have a nice restaurant at KSTP called Holman’s Table which you could either fly to or Uber/courtesy car to.

Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proud owner of a collection of airplane pieces (sometimes in one big piece) known as the Oklahoma Kid.
    Thanks CubDriver218 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CubDriver218 View Post
    Like the title suggest. I'm going to be flying a cub from TN87-KBRD sometime in Dec or Jan. Working on the scheduling and stuff now. Wondering if any of you have any recommendations for cool places to stop for fuel or overnight?

I would stop at KMTH on your way, maybe hang out there for a month or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    My last three lightplane transcontinentals I learned about courtesy cars. Call ahead on that last leg of each day - they will usually put your name on the car - and in the Summer they will leave the keys where you can find them. Makes life easy.