• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Real Men Don't Shop On Black Friday

flagold

Abbeville, Alabama
They look at tractors.

Yep, that's what they do, look at serious tractors.

Hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving!

I did. 8# of short ribs, avocados, fresh tortillas, etc so we can feed Barbacoa Tacos to our guests who come over to watch Texas A&M vs LSU (I LOVE rivalry week in college football.) Good times ahead with great friends. Cheers!

PS. I already have a tractor.

Last edited:
I did. 8# of short ribs, avocados, fresh tortillas, etc so we can feed Barbacoa Tacos to our guests who come over to watch Texas A&M vs LSU (I LOVE rivalry week in college football.) Good times ahead with great friends. Cheers!

PS. I already have a tractor.

That is not shopping, that is buying!!

What kind of tractor? I have a JD 40C, I think it is a 1953. A gift from my father in law.

New Holland TC-30 w/backhoe and loader. Very handy tool. Had an old Kubota prior. Taught my nephew how to drive a stick with that tractor. Fond memories.

I think a skid steer is more useful. ;)
IMG_1525.jpg

Got smart on Black Friday and rented another scissor lift. :)
IMG_1529.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1525.jpg
    IMG_1525.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 793
Agree with Steve, I have an ASV and it is one of the most useful pieces of equipment around the property that I have.

As for Black Friday...not going anywhere near town. I went grouse hunting!

As far as tractors go,
there is an outfit located in Port Townsend called Yesterday's Tractors.
Does a lot of mail order / online business but also some walk-in.
I'm told they have a good selection of stuff.

Skid steers, tractors and airplanes; let me paraphrase Monte Python: Every machine has it's purpose!:lol:

did you know a tracked Skid Steer will go down hill just as fast sideways as forward or backwards on ice? Put the bucket down and it goes faster!

Depends on your mission, but when I had the contracting business I had the tractor and a tracked skid steer to help with the dump truck, loader and excavator.

Same reason we need 5 airplanes.:lol:

Oh, and our Granddaughter was here for thanksgiving, and at 12 did her first snowmachine driving. She liked the 550 fan better than the Bravo!

Choices are great!

How is the sheeting coming on that Hangar Steve?

View attachment 58509

That the one?
Page on it: www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/0/4/40-john-deere-40c.html
You can figure out the SN range and date it from there.

Yup, that is it. The pictured one is an earlier model, three idler version, I have the 5. By serial I think it is a 53.

Mine came from Oregon, the original owner had a machine and fabrication shop which was the licensed builder of the Caterpillar blades for the Cat version of this. He built a front blade, with angle option, to fit the JD that was almost identical to the Cat one, sort of a one of a kind for the John Deere.

It is a cool tractor.

Part II and I guess that's it for tractors in Florida at least. Connie doesn't want to book any more tractor shows - getting to hard to do.

Enjoy your flying!

A skid steer has it's uses, and I'd like to have one. But it wouldn't be a good choice for cultivating your garden. This is a mid-50's Allis Chalmer Model "G". It has an inline 4 cylinder, water cooled Continental engine. Darned handy little rig.

For anyone in the northern Indiana region, Polk Brothers Auction (corner State Roads 6 and 15) has a big Labor Day tractor and implement auction. Acres of neat stuff. Everything from pristine collections to rusted out hulks.

Jim

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1f3.jpg

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1f3.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1f3.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 82
Back