• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Northern MN Ski/Wheel Fly-in near KORB 12-18-21

hoffer343

Orr
Short notice but I hope to see you there. We are having a ski fly-in on Moose Lake, near Orr, MN (KORB). The lake is located 5NM northwest of KORB and just east of Pelican Lake. Please note that the landing area will be on the ice and will be subject to Mother Nature. I will attach a flyer that has the physical address for those of you that would like to drive in and the coordinates for those of you that would like to fly. (I'm new to the forum so any help attaching this as a photo would be greatly appreciated.) We will have a bucket of chili and hotdogs / polishes and a fire plus a warming cabin. I hope to see as many of you there as we can!View attachment Fly-in.pdf

Attachments

• Fly-in.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 246
I’ll do my best to show up one way or the other. As a side note Moose Lake is right next to where the old Bell Lake Fly in was held.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Ice updates are appreciated. Thanks Bill and Patrick.

11-26 Ice update,
Things are looking good. 7 inches of ice as of today around noon!

Attachments

• Ice.jpg
    Ice.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 120
Just hauled my skis home yesterday. Hopefully will have time to get them on for the fly-in. Yes, making ice as it is -4 at my place this morning!

WWhunter let me know if you are going to make it. PM or post either way. I’d like to meet you we can compare Sierra Vista notes.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

20211204_145724.jpg
As of today, 12/4 there's 8 inches of ice.... Hopefully the snow holds off!

Attachments

• 20211204_145724.jpg
    20211204_145724.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 102
Well the snow didn’t hold off but at least it’s not the wet heavy stuff. With 8 inches of ice things could work out nicely. I’ve currently got about seven inches of fluffy snow on Vermilion.

There's about 9 inches of good ice as of today! Everything's looking good! There's 4-5 inches of snow on the lake with warm weather coming this week. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Are conditions still favorable for sat flyin?i. Is there any slush in that area on the lakes?

Are conditions still favorable for sat flyin?i. Is there any slush in that area on the lakes?
UPDATE! Ice conditions are perfect! We have 12+ inches of good ice with very minimal snow on the lake. Wheel airplanes will be welcome along with skis! There's no slush and the ice surface has frozen with a texture. For those of you joining us, please use KORB radio frequencies and a left hand pattern over the lake! See you there!

Sounds like pretty favorable conditions on the lake. Look forward to seeing you guys.

Attachments

• IMG_2974.JPG
    IMG_2974.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2973.JPG
    IMG_2973.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2972.JPG
    IMG_2972.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2971.JPG