• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Camping Items to Include on List for Santa?

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
Santa’s elves are busy making presents and are always on the lookout for things that a Good Boy or Girl would like for Christmas.

Any thoughts?

Randy
Santa’s Helper

BC70435E-3812-4DFA-9D87-71C261AE45AC.jpeg

A reasonable weight axe. The dog and I are going to start a fire and I peeled off some fat wood from this 100 year old ponderosa pine stump. These trees were hand sawn back then and have gone ‘fat’ over the years. They make excellent fire starter material.

Attachments

• BC70435E-3812-4DFA-9D87-71C261AE45AC.jpeg
    BC70435E-3812-4DFA-9D87-71C261AE45AC.jpeg
    528.5 KB · Views: 168
Leatherman
compass
signal mirror
Blastmatch
lightweight tarp
ax
folding shovel
machette
jetboil
quality duffle(s)
pot & pan set (titanium)
quality airmatress
rain gear (pants and jacket)
lantern
survival vest
headset
InReach
PLB device
water purification system
life straw
tools and/or build up a tool kit

Just a few items

Bill

Helinox high back camp chair with rocker legs and cot with extended legs. Makes camping a pleasure.
DENNY

Bill’s list is pretty good but I’d add a light backpacking tent or leanto lightweight tarp. And add a reasonable emergency medical kit.

I included a link to Alaska Airframe's tent page. Comfortable is the key... so a nice big tent with cots.

Naturally, the cool kids have a plane large enough to carry it all, and the full bar. Any chance we could include Jacob Papp and the Herc on the list?:p:p

A wind and water proof lighter is also a great thing to have on hand.

1. LED Head lamp, 2 pack from energizer, 15 bucks from amazon
2. Good tent lamp, small, red light, adjustable brightness, walmart , around 4 bucks
3. Mosquito head net
4. Can of iso bute gas for jet boil,large and small
5. 12 in metal tongs with wood or insulated handle of some type, I use them for cooking, grilling, managing the camp fire
6. 1.8 liter MSR water bag
7. 1000 lumen or greater flashlight
8. Aeropress coffee maker
9. good quality poop shovel
10. some quantity of parachute cord, very handy
11. Extra tent stakes, light ones if they fly a super cub :) Big Nail type if they are car camping
12. Good light weight cooler. I use a 28 in the rear of the cub
13. Mountain Flying training course in from McCall mountain flying Seminars(that is if they are a pilot)
14. Little floor rug for in front of the tent
15.Stainless steel camping type bowl
16.thermopop thermometer by thermoworks
17. Sleeping bag liner
18. Luxury Lite Cot (must for my wife)

Randy, that was a fun exercise. Heck , I could keep going

Seems kinda like a Sharper Image for survivalists.
Luckily I'm pretty much bald,
else I might be tempted to buy their $14.50 titanium comb.

The little "nic-nak" items are what I like. Some of the stuff is a little gimicky but the quality is actually really good vs. "the sharper image" crap you see out there.

I have two Luci inflatable solar lights. No battery, adjustable output, weigh nothing and take up no room when stowed!

I have two Luci inflatable solar lights. No battery, adjustable output, weigh nothing and take up no room when stowed!

Spot on, I forgot about that one. Mine was purchased at REI, luminAID, Packlighte Nova, USB Solar, I love that thing

Sil tarp, parachute cord, and trekking poles. Wrap up in the wind, make a rain shelter, or add some totanium stakes and make a tent. Good for day hikes or spiking out.

Starbucks instant coffee is pretty darn good, good enough for me to eschew other caffeine fix methods. Saves a bit of weight, used to pack a French press.

Back