• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pa-12 w/-14 gear and Borer Prop…What skis will work for me?

AZinAK

FRIEND
My -12 has the newer style -14 gear that is streamlined, beefed up and has the ski attach points at the bottom of the gear inboard of the axle. I run 31” ABWs and a baby Bushwheel in the back currently. I know everyone says you need the +3 -18 gear with the Borer but figured I’d ask. Thanks in advance!

Chris

Chris- Unfortunately I think your options are going to be pretty limited with the Borer and original style gear. If I recall correctly you need 7 inches of prop clearance in level attitude and the Borer on straight skis is a little over. Any of the wheel skis that use 8.50 tires should be fine. I believe the Borer STC calls for 8.50 tires on original gear as well. Look at the STC install instruction or the prop.

Just a guess, but for the skis to meet 8.50 height requirements you’ll need a 10” ground to axle centerline to match it, so you’re going to need something more than the 2000s. I found on an old post that Landes 2500s are legal with standard gear and an 82” prop. I don’t know if PA-12/14 gear lengths are comparable to standard 18 though.

https://www.supercub.org/forum/showthread.php?25207-ski-pedestal-height

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Last edited:
I used standard Cub gear with the thrustline mod and Landes 2500’s met the clearance requirements.
When I went to 8.00-6’s with my wheel skis I had to bump up to 3” extended, even with the thrustline mod.

Back