• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

0235-C1 prop flange

Jrsmith

I read in the forum that the C-1 has a type one hub that allows the use of SAE 1 or 2 propellers. UPS lost. Yes lost my 76-AK being repitched and I have a donated 76 AM6 but I need the convert to the type 2 bolt parried. How do you do it? Looks like the is a prop flange bolted to the crank flange. Can anyone steal me to a part number or source
Thanks so much

Prop install

I got a call from Dominion propeller. HE suspects that the76 AM6 would bolt to the crank flange with a spacer. Alternate option is a McCauley LM 44.

Wouldn't the shipping company be responsible for replacement?

Call and order up the prop of your dreams on their dime.

76AM6-2 bolts right to the flange of an O-235-C1. That is one of the props listed for the PA-16. Shouldn't have to change anything. Don't forget to check for the water soluble decals. The 76AK-2 prop is for a Continental A-65, C85 or C90, not a Lycoming. If you had that on an O-235, it wasn't legal (as in the TCDS doesn't allow it on an O-235), and someone changed the bushings in your prop flange from where they were supposed to be.

Wouldn't the shipping company be responsible for replacement?

Call and order up the prop of your dreams on their dime.

Depends upon how much your shipment was insured for. Standard might only be $100. Buyer beware. Pay for the insurance.

THANKS!!!! I wasn't sure if the installation was direct to The crank flange or a different "spacer was required. I will order th e new bolts tomorrow. I had a friend drop the prop box off and he decided not to insure .......so WhiskeyMike is spot on. Shipping was $65 and insurance was $100. Not good advertisement for U P S. HARD TO BELIEVE THAT A 6 Foot plywood can get lost.

THANKS!!!! I wasn't sure if the installation was direct to The crank flange or a different "spacer was required. I will order th e new bolts tomorrow. I had a friend drop the prop box off and he decided not to insure .......so WhiskeyMike is spot on. Shipping was $65 and insurance was $100. Not good advertisement for U P S. HARD TO BELIEVE THAT A 6 Foot plywood can get lost.

Since you are posting in the Supercruiser forum, I’ll assume this is an O-235C1 on a PA-12. Item 7 on the TCDS is the M76AM-2 and it bolts directly to the flange, no spacer at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bet your prop is found. Been down that road on large packages. If someone you know in your area ships a BUNCH ($$) with UPS, they’ll have the number for their regional rep. Have them call their rep with the tracking number and ask them for a favor. Most of the time they’ll track it down.

The call centers are pretty useless in my experience. It’s more than likely sitting in a warehouse somewhere and people just keep walking around it…….or send Nightflyer on here a PM. Even though he works for the other little shipping company, he’s probably the one that lost it:p

Last edited:
Sensenich prop TCDS 1P2 Note 9. approves the 76AK-2 vibrationwise on an O-235 @ 108hp 2600 rpm or less. Not saying that makes it legal unless the aircraft TCDS approves it as well. I assume.

Edit: is that prop a candidate for approval on a PA-12 with the O-235? Even though Piper doesn't list it doesn't mean someone with expertise in these matters can't offer a solution...or maybe already has.

Gary

Last edited:
Back