• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Moving On From Project

Aeronut

Kittery, ME
After some thought I've decided to move on from completing my Super Cub project. As someone that has loved aviation for nearly 30 years and dreamed of having my own airplane, it's not a decision I've come to easily. It is tough to find affordable hangar space in my area (ME/NH Coast), assuming I can even find one within a 30 minute drive. Also, taking into account fuel costs, this is not something I want to be tied to financially upon completion.

Over the last year I've never been happier practicing and using the sheet metal, welding, and machining techniques I'd need to follow through with this project. I will continue designing and building personal projects.

My question for the forum:

What should I do with the fuselage kit and empennage pieces? The rudder, tail fin, and elevators are 90% complete. I am working on the stabilizers right now. My options are to sell the coped tubing kit as is with only the firewall tack welded, tack the fuse together and sell it like that, or fully weld the fuselage and sell it after completion. I'm enjoying building so no option is out of the question however, I don't want a fuse that I can't sell taking up shop space after all the welding that goes into it.

Back