• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Widebody Panel Drawing

Grant

FRIEND
At Work.....
Do any of you have a widebody panel drawing? All this talk about instrument panels has me thinking about my panel layout...

SMITHCUBPetes041.jpg

Not a drawing, I made a cardboard template with cutout cardboard squares for each instrument. The squares were sized to allow for a 1/8" gap between the instruments. The squares were then moved around until I was satisfied. Then metal was cut. The GPS-695 is mounted on a custom recessed mount. No the compass doesn't work very well, it just for appearances as it was something in my inventory. I may use some compensating magnets on it one of these days when I get a
iu

Attachments

• SMITHCUBPetes041.jpg
    SMITHCUBPetes041.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 160
I had Rob and Jen Hickman at AFS build my Quick Panel for my widebody Javron, they sent me an aluminum template for fitting and it was a perfect fit. They have this template on file.20211004_154627-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20211004_154627-1.jpg
    20211004_154627-1.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 62
Do any of you have a widebody panel drawing? All this talk about instrument panels has me thinking about my panel layout...

Panels are easy to template and cut. Deciding on the instrument(s) is the hard part and with that, the layout. The big one? Glass panel or round instruments? I’ve liked both panels in my Cubs. You get used to what you have.

View attachment 58101

This photo reminded me of a guy on the field with intermittent mag issues,
Only acted up on departure climb out. Problem only occurred when owner flew it, maintenance shop could not recreate condition.
Turned out to be intermittent issue with a worn out ignition switch.
owner had a bunch of stuff hanging on his key ring. Maintenance shop was provided a single spare key.
one particularly bright mechanic decided to wiggle/pull on the key during pre flight mag check and was finally able to recreate problem.
Bunch of stuff hanging on key ring was thought to be the culprit in wearing out key switch.
High AOA during departure and all the dangling weight pulled the key in such a manor that one mag was
grounded, level out plane and everything fine.

Probably an unusual situation, but just saying..

Last edited:
Probably an unusual situation, but just saying..[/QUOTE]

Nope. There's a reason for the switch ADs.

Web

Back