• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

drawings for banner hook

astjp2

Utah/Alaska
Where would I find the drawings for the banner tow hook that mounted back by the tailwheel? I do not want to pay $1700 for a certified one if possible. Thanks,Tim

Banner hitch

Where would I find the drawings for the banner tow hook that mounted back by the tailwheel? I do not want to pay $1700 for a certified one if possible. Thanks,Tim

There are numerous ways to install. The simplest is an additional leaf spring extended with the hitch bolted on. The double bar tube style is excessively complicated, and I never understood why it was made that way. If you're thinking about glider towing then you should seriously consider a TOST brand hitch which is offers safer release in the event of excessive pull. It is fairly pricey, but serves a specific purpose.

We have also never used the handle type cockpit releases as they can get caught on your pant cuff (activating the release) and they have a tendency to either release too easily or to not release at all because there isn't sufficient throw or allowance for slack in the cable. They are not usually approved in Europe and you use a simple overhead tug on the cable attached to the cabane which is a lot easier to access when you're dropping a banner in a tight space - instead of flying into the trees while you're looking down at the floor.

Here's the FAA Advisory Circular on Banner Towing. See the photos and illustrations. https://fsims.faa.gov/wdocs/other/faa-fs-i-8700-1_rev1.pdf

DSC_0076.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0076.JPG
    DSC_0076.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 88
I ran 4 hooks on my TriPacer. Welded a .090 plate to the tail skid and bolted two hooks either side. Got that Field Approved along with the second oil cooler mounted on the nose strut and extended lip on the cowl outlet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want it for hand propping, it’s getting old tying down the airplane, starting, untying and then getting in. I had my 8.50’s jump 4x4chalk and ever since it scared me I have always left the airplane tied down if I am not flying with someone.

I want it for hand propping, it’s getting old tying down the airplane, starting, untying and then getting in.

Someone I once knew improvised a simple chain link system that used a clevis pin hairpin to hold the chain links together. Pin was attached to a cord that ran to the cockpit. Start the engine, get in, pull the cord and pin back inside, and taxi away.

The hairpin has very little load, it just holds the interlocked chain links together.

Someone I once knew improvised a simple chain link system that used a clevis pin hairpin to hold the chain links together. Pin was attached to a cord that ran to the cockpit. Start the engine, get in, pull the cord and pin back inside, and taxi away.

The hairpin has very little load, it just holds the interlocked chain links together.
Sailing guys have something like that, just never bought one

Back