• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Garmin Transponder Adaptor

moto657

Canyon Lake, CA
Does anyone have, or know of a source for, a Garmin P/N 011-00292-00 adaptor.

My AT50 died the other day. That adaptor allows a GTX-320A to plug directly into the Narco tray.

The 320A is still supported by Garmin and seems to be more reliable that any of the Narco options that will plug in. I really don't want to get into wiring and tray swapping right now.

Thanks

Wiring a transponder is pretty minimal. Especially with a serial altitude encoder. Pick something current and go with the install.

Web

Late last night a Garmin GTX327 with a Narco adapter showed up on eBay. For sale from an avionics shop, it was tested and tagged. I bought the set up for $575.

The GTX-327 and adaptor showed up early! Scheduled for Oct 15, then Oct 12, and showed up today at 12PM. Awesome for free shipping from the east to west coast.

It slid into the Narco tray and fired right up. Nice to have the Pressure Alt display so you know the encoder is doing its job.
attachment.php

It also has a flight time read out as well as a count up and count down timer.
attachment.php
attachment.php

With the installation manual it was pretty easy to cycle through all of the set up menus and get it configured properly for my plane. I set the Flight timer up so it will start automatically when I take off. I checked my skybeacon with the app and its receiving the squawk code properly. Now I just need to get the biannual transponder inspection and log book entries done. I think I'll get the 2 old Morrow GPS units out so the sign off and W&B can all get done at once. They still work OK, but there are no more updates available and they are way out of date. Really just dead weight with my iPad running foreflight and an iPhone for backup display and GPS.
attachment.php

Back