• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Textron Off Road?

stewartb

Apparently I live on a cave. I may be the last guy on earth to know that Textron bought Arctic Cat. I never wanted an Arctic Cat but the almost new wheeler I bought last night is a Textron. This wheeler market is nuts! Dealers have none. Same for snowmachines. No shortage on the supply side, they simply can’t meet demand. These are crazy times!

I need some of these stickers for my airplanes!

Attachments

• B4B3D8B4-CE22-48BD-B2D6-EBF8C5EE6178.jpg
    B4B3D8B4-CE22-48BD-B2D6-EBF8C5EE6178.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 90
Apparently I live on a cave. I may be the last guy on earth to know that Textron bought Arctic Cat. I never wanted an Arctic Cat but the almost new wheeler I bought last night is a Textron. This wheeler market is nuts! Dealers have none. Same for snowmachines. No shortage on the supply side, they simply can’t meet demand. These are crazy times!

I need some of these stickers for my airplanes!

Built right, in Thief River Falls, Minnesota!

MTV

Local dealers take reservations for unsold ATV's. Honda's are almost extinct. Polaris still makes a few. There's five new Polaris snowmachines available in a lot and it's finally winter in Fairbanks. Used sales of them to the Bush are brisk.

Gary

Local dealers are essentially sold out for their machines through next year. They say people are buying anything outdoorsy for full list paid in advance. The used market is hot. I’ve never experienced anything like this.

Local dealers are essentially sold out for their machines through next year. They say people are buying anything outdoorsy for full list paid in advance. The used market is hot. I’ve never experienced anything like this.

I wonder why now? Same problem with used cars, too. I haven't been paying attention, either.

When you increase the total number of dollars in circulation by almost 40% in the span of 18 months it tends to put a lot more cash in consumer's pockets and they are bound to spend it on toys.

Everything has been like this lately from ATV's to sleds to cars to...well even bushwheels. Demand is through the roof, suppliers of raw materials have so much demand they can't meet the needs of production and then scarcity drives more demand. Crazy times indeed.

Textron also builds the machines they sell out of Bass Pro.

When they bought A/C they shut down the snowmachine racing group, except for a select group down in the states. That's really why there were no AC machines in the Iron Dog last year, they killed that - no sponsorships, no practice sleds etc. Rumors are they will bring it back soon and compete again.

Local vehicle (auto-motorcycle-atv-snowmachine) dealers in Fairbanks are adding surcharges or passing them on from manufacturers. Called "Market adjustments" they are anywhere from $800 to $7,000 depending on type and manufacturer. Good old PK screws prior to the Alaska Permanent Fund dispersal.

Gary

Tried to buy cylinders for my O-320 B2B from Air Power yesterday and they said no Lycoming cylinders available and backorder is 4 months if you can believe that. They had some Continental Premier cylinders that would work so had to go with those. I guess Continental is producing cylinders for Lycoming engines. Sales rep sounded quite despondent about the availability of parts

That’s not new. It took over 8 months to get my new Thunderbolt engine the year before last and the delay was due to cylinders.

ECI had been making Lycoming cylinders for many years before Continental bought them out. You can but Lycoming clone exp engines from Continental, too. Competition is good!

Last edited:
Back