Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Not a super cub but a cw taylorcraft

Post Thanks / Like

Not a super cub but a cw taylorcraft

https://youtu.be/LJjdsCShJwg

friend of mine flying his clipped wing taylorcraft with a 180 hp… plus a very cool video
    Likes skukum12, AkPA/18, Delta Cub liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s got to be Kent or Warren Pietsch at their private strip near Minot, North Dakota.

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to add more. Kent flies a masterful show with the “Jelly Belly” Interstate. If you have ever seen his act, the Pittses and Extras are ho-hum. Minot is a great RON because the Pietsch Brothers have a great FBO and a great museum on the field. Warren had a bottle of gin in his lower left desk drawer that I thought was there just for me. Every year the museum sells tickets to win an iconic vintage airplane! I landed there once in my Travel Air 6000, but it was fair time, so Warren put me up at his home. The headline act at the fair that day was Alan Jackson who arrived in an antique biz jet - a Jetstar! Four little screaming jet engines. My ears still hurt!
    Likes AkPA/18, Hardtailjohn, RVBottomly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Warren is just awesome. I have a Clipwing Taylorcraft as well and he has been a huge help with suggestions during it's rebuild. The guy can fly anything well. He routinely performs in one of the only remaining Zeros in existence at Oshkosh.

If I ever get to the point where I decide to get in to some airshow flying, I hope he will be my ACE.
    Likes Hardtailjohn, dgapilot liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Hank View Post
    I need to add more. Kent flies a masterful show with the “Jelly Belly” Interstate. If you have ever seen his act, the Pittses and Extras are ho-hum. Minot is a great RON because the Pietsch Brothers have a great FBO and a great museum on the field. Warren had a bottle of gin in his lower left desk drawer that I thought was there just for me. Every year the museum sells tickets to win an iconic vintage airplane! I landed there once in my Travel Air 6000, but it was fair time, so Warren put me up at his home. The headline act at the fair that day was Alan Jackson who arrived in an antique biz jet - a Jetstar! Four little screaming jet engines. My ears still hurt!

Jetstar II so they were 731’s and not that little. Same engines basically in the Falcon 50 he replaced it with. Now his Lear 24 was LOUD….

I may have worked for him for a year or 12….
    Likes ak49flyer, KevinJ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3689A View Post

friend of mine flying his clipped wing taylorcraft with a 180 hp… plus a very cool video
    Amazed. All I can is that there are people who can fly airplanes, and then there are people who fly.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingde View Post
    ....I may have worked for him for a year or 12….
    Several years ago, I saw (or read) an interview with Alan Jackson when he mentioned having a get-away home with an airstrip "for flying my old taildraggers".
    That's the only reference to him being a pilot that I've ever seen.
    Is he one of us?
    Cessna Skywagon-- accept no substitute!

Post Thanks / Like
    He used to be. He had a Baron for a bit. Had a turbine Maule on amphibs for a bit. Both before my time. I gave him his tailwheel endorsement in a cough cough new Husky A1B cough he bought from the dealer I was working for at the time. He flew that for a few years then bought another new Husky A1C. That one was 200hp. I started flying for him after that. Then he just gave it all up. Shame. I felt he was a good stick. He had a place on the river that was an old grass strip. Put an awesome place on it. Had three runways mowed out in his back yard at his main residence at the time. Said he didn’t like crosswinds lol. Ended up selling the place on the river to Chesney not too long before the flood in I think 2010.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod180 View Post
    Several years ago, I saw (or read) an interview with Alan Jackson when he mentioned having a get-away home with an airstrip "for flying my old taildraggers".
    That's the only reference to him being a pilot that I've ever seen.
    Is he one of us?
    He used to have a Husky, I believe

Steve