• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Primers

musket

FRIEND
Baja Oklahoma
Okay Folks, got a couple of questions for those far more knowledgeable than I regarding primers (manual, either Kohler or Essex).
1. How doesone attach a primer line to the primer shown in this photo? Essex Primer tubing attach points.jpg
2. If one needs to use a compression sleeve and nut, are there any hints / tips/ tricks to doing so?
I have gone to Piper Drawings 11382, 12458 (specifically,Section E-E) and Tech Order AN 01-140DEA-2, pages 69 and 70 (the erection manual for the L-21). All of these have been helpful, but not directly addressing my specific questions.
Just as an FYI for those who might flounder around with these things, like me, in the future, there are at least three methods of attachment of primer lines to the primer (isn’t it wonderful to have choices).Primer Line Attach 01.jpgPrimer Line Attach 02.jpgPrimer Line Attach 03.jpg

TIA,
Andy

Attachments

• Essex Primer tubing attach points.jpg
    Essex Primer tubing attach points.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Primer Line Attach 01.jpg
    Primer Line Attach 01.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Primer Line Attach 02.jpg
    Primer Line Attach 02.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Primer Line Attach 03.jpg
    Primer Line Attach 03.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 92
Alright Guys -- just the advice, guidance and 'push' I needed -- hope to pick up the compression sleeves and nuts from Grainger's this week -- I'll let y'all know how that works out !

Thanks a heap, Guys

Andy

Back