• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

WAD south 2021

ESAS

FRIEND
Greenville pa
Hi Everyone,
WAD SOUTH 2021 @ Greenville Airport (4G1) is a GO! We've been planning away and apologize for the lack of communication! Thanks to the Great Peter B for keeping us in line, we'll keep the conversation going now. Be sure to check us out on Facebook WAD South 2021.

Dates for this year are: October 7th - October 10th, but come a few days early & stay a few days later

An abundance of camping and a few courtesy cars are available.

This year's fly-outs will be around Western Pennsylvania, Lake Erie, and WV.

We're going to start with homemade ice cream @ OH33 Thursday evening

Looking to go up to Kelley's Island (89D), Put-in-Bay (3W2), and surrounding Lake Erie Islands, Port Clinton Liberty Aviation Museum & Tin Goose Diner @ Port Clinton Erie-Ottawa Airport (KPCW)

Jason, Jamie and their family will be starting your mornings with hangar pancakes, eggs, and sausage Friday & Saturday.

Friday Night BBQ & Saturday Night Picnic at 4G1

Please follow the link below to register.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZDRC44x90zoC8Fpb-sMn8WpZRaob5S2wWiODlRpZJMU/edit

See you soon!
Jason & Jamie

IMG_6734.JPG
Out practicing now. You know. Because we should. [emoji16]

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers… [emoji849]

Attachments

• IMG_6734.JPG
    IMG_6734.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 194
Less than 2 weeks away! Please be sure to register. It really helps us out with our planning. If you have not told us your shirt order yet, you can email that to us. 4g1@elbowstreet.com We are expecting another great group of planes and friends and can't wait to see you all! If you need anything, please reach out to us! This is the link to registration. If you have already completed it, we have it. No need to register again. THANK YOU! J&J

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZDRC44x90zoC8Fpb-sMn8WpZRaob5S2wWiODlRpZJMU/edit

I am lucky enough that Pete Brown has given me his back seat so I will be able to attend. Peter flew over from New York last Saturday and fed my Flying Fix with some front seat time in the Bearhawk Patrol Demo he is flying around. Great airplane.

IMG_7030.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7030.JPG
    IMG_7030.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 140
Get to Know the field @ 4G1:
15/33 is 3,000’ blacktop
5/23 is 2,500’ grass
Blue areas are parking on blacktop
Green areas are parking in grass
4BAAD317-8106-4895-82A8-DD0B1A2C3DBD.jpegF47BAADB-7625-400D-A6EC-665AD04B2E47.jpeg

Attachments

• 4BAAD317-8106-4895-82A8-DD0B1A2C3DBD.jpeg
    4BAAD317-8106-4895-82A8-DD0B1A2C3DBD.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 132
  • F47BAADB-7625-400D-A6EC-665AD04B2E47.jpeg
    F47BAADB-7625-400D-A6EC-665AD04B2E47.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 139
Another home run, Jason and Jamie! I enticed a couple friends to come for their first WAD. They had a great time and will be back next year.

While the weather was not as cooperative this year, we all got to fly every day. Frankly, if we never turned a wheel between Thursday and Sunday, the hangar flying alone would have been well worth the trip. Such a great bunch of folks.

Thank you for the Scott Tissue!

Waldo

Waldo, I may have mentioned this to a few people over the weekend, but your presence and smile is infectious. All someone has to do is be in the same room and they will be smiling and laughing shortly thereafter.

Keep up the good work.

Pb

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Here’s my annual post wad video. I think the videos aren’t as good as they used to be. But then maybe I’m out of practice. [emoji23]

Didn’t have the chance to fly with a large number, but it was a good time as always.
https://youtu.be/CYCKJV1DvHs

Last edited:
That is an interesting video. Do you control the camera from the cockpit? It looks all over the place as if it was attached to your head.
That grass field with a DC-3, C-119 and the C-130 is interesting, someone's toys or are they working planes?

Great video, Pete. Skywagon, the airport you mentioned is D52 at Geneseo, NY. There is a warplane museum located there.

Pete, as Waldo answered, it’s Geneseo. Famous warplane activity and air shows.

The camera is a insta360 - I have a pole mount off the right strut, and I just milled out a mounting plate before leaving that I attached to the center skylight screws. The camera records 360 degrees anytime you push record. After you’re done, you can leave it to view in a 360 fashion, or choose viewpoints, field of view, zoom, etc and the software automatically pans from point to point.
Really saves you from having to “get the right shot” other than finding a good mounting location.

Righteous vid. I spent the afternoon in the Deere 120 excavator working on Lake Brenda and the video was great to dig to. Last night was some popcorn and watch it again. Better than any movie
Thanks for getting the night trap on the USS Greenville. The dept of war asked me if I had enough candlepower and recognition lights. Told here we were getting close. Thanks again to Bill Rusk for the advice on Baja Pro squadron leader LED landing lights. They rock

Righteous vid. I spent the afternoon in the Deere 120 excavator working on Lake Brenda and the video was great to dig to. Last night was some popcorn and watch it again. Better than any movie
Thanks for getting the night trap on the USS Greenville. The dept of war asked me if I had enough candlepower and recognition lights. Told here we were getting close. Thanks again to Bill Rusk for the advice on Baja Pro squadron leader LED landing lights. They rock

Sounds like your practicing for the other night Greenville trap in the Moose River?

Glenn

— Last night was some popcorn and watch it again. Better than any movie

Jim, if you really want to immerse yourself I find it’s much better on the TV size screen than a phone or ipad. My family hates it but I enjoy taking over the TV for stuff like that.

So tell us about Lake Brenda though. Is that a nice lined lake with a concrete wall, or is that a true lake to be covered with corn silage during the fall? [emoji2]

Will do Pete, let me grab a couple pix today
It's an interesting tale with lots of twists and turns, backroom deals and man/woman negotiations
Comments swirling around just out of earshot like
Sure Jim do it yourself and save
You can find the cash for those fat tires and new fancy props but I can't have a pond constructed

Stay tuned for more

BTW pond is under construction

Jim

Back