• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Huntin' and Killin' with Jimbo and Ned

txpacer

SPONSOR
Iowa Park, TX
I think I've found the laziest "hunter" in Texas.
PXL_20210815_125117246~2.jpeg

Attachments

• PXL_20210815_125117246~2.jpeg
    PXL_20210815_125117246~2.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 268
I think I've found the laziest "hunter" in Texas.

I saw something similar at a Texas ranch where I "landed out" on a cross country glider flight. Several high mounted hides and a killing ground beneath. Seems the "hunting" involved scattering corn and shooting those that came to feed.

Maybe someone from Texas can explain this "sport".

LOL.

Things I know, it’s 100% legal and Tx deer are way overpopulated, so I’m not sure what the issue is.

Saw a promotional video about hog elimination where they trained the pigs to go into a trap that looked like that but kept a couple of shooters because there would always be a sow or two that never went in. When they spring the trap for the final time they ain't ever getting the stragglers in another one. Trap 99% shoot the 1 percenters.

Most of them have their stands farther away, so at least there's a degree of marksmanship involved. This guy is just looking for easy meat.
LOL.

Things I know, it’s 100% legal and Tx deer are way overpopulated, so I’m not sure what the issue is.

Lots of ways to increase the odds for the hunter. Baiting/salt licks/decoys/calling/high stands on major trails/sents. Just depends on time place and local laws.
DENNY

and we will get blamed when he doesn't get a deer from that blind because we were flying down the river scaring them.

Saw a promotional video about hog elimination where they trained the pigs to go into a trap that looked like that but kept a couple of shooters because there would always be a sow or two that never went in. When they spring the trap for the final time they ain't ever getting the stragglers in another one. Trap 99% shoot the 1 percenters.

Curious if the hogs are killed after trapping,
or turned loose to cause problems somewhere else.

Back