• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bushwheel Repairs?

It'll take an hour to hand pump the tire! The sidewall kit has one 4" x 4 1/2" patch, sandpaper, and glue. Cut to size. That could be handy to have.

..or carry a plug kit, a handful of AK Bushwheel patches (medium to large), and a bike pump; best not to experiment when it matters the most.

Anyone tried this product? If we're to believe the advertising it may be a good way to get home with a hole in a tire.

I have 26" Goodyears with tubes. If I get a cut through the tire I think I will also have to repair or replace the tube.

What would this require to do in the field?

Also, are ABW tires tubeless?

I have 26" Goodyears with tubes. If I get a cut through the tire I think I will also have to repair or replace the tube.
What would this require to do in the field?

Let's see...jack, tools to remove wheel from airplane, beadbreaker, tools to split wheel, new tube or patch kit.
I don't carry a jack or beadbreaker, but I do carry a spare tube for the mains (850) and a complete spare (mounted) tailwheel.

What do you fly, h2oavi8r?
I'm based at Jefferson County & fly a C180.

I fly a yellow Super Cub with 160 hp based at Apex. I used to fly a 180 on 2870s based at American Lake back when there was a seaplane operation there.

I thought of this thread today, after landing on a high alluvial flow, to answer a call of nature, that was uniformly covered with shin high brush, and no rocks. Only after I got out did I see the survey marker and the sawed off fence post next to it. My original scan of the area as landable was confirmed by walking a huge area, all of it was like I had thought, better even. EXCEPT for these two deal breakers. Close doesn't count I guess. FWIW: I did have my air compressor and big patch kit on board.

Attachments

• IMG_20210829_075453283_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20210829_075453283_HDR~2.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 101
Back