• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Super cub extended baggage on a early model?

scottsville

Hi,

I have a early serial number super cub and wanting to install the extended baggage. It does not have the cross member to hang the extended baggage from. Is there a mod or something you can do other than welding and recovering the fuselage?

Thanks in advance for any help?

Thanks Scott

You could probably fabricate something off the diagonal from the baggage compartment to the next bulkhead back and/or some kind of support underneath. So your Super Cub is a 1500 lb gross weight airplane?

You could probably fabricate something off the diagonal from the baggage compartment to the next bulkhead back and/or some kind of support underneath. So your Super Cub is a 1500 lb gross weight airplane?

It is Stc'd to 1750. Thanks for the info I will look into that.

If it is 1750 lbs you should have those 3 tubes. Part of the STC for 1750 lb gross weight and the O-320 for the early Super Cubs. Found a couple without them at pre-buy.

If it is 1750 lbs you should have those 3 tubes. Part of the STC for 1750 lb gross weight and the O-320 for the early Super Cubs. Found a couple without them at pre-buy.

I have only owned this cub for a few months. I know it states in the 160hp upgrade stc that it is a 1750 gw. I will do some checking. Thanks for your help

Ran into that lots years ago on 115\125 Cubs trying to install Dodge baggage. We used to simply take piece tubing and squeeze it flat in a vise, about 3" on each end. wrap it around the tubes ,bore holes in it
so its like an Adel clamp on both ends, squeeze bands tight with bolts. hang the baggage. Lots of them in Alaska that way......... wouldn't be legal in todays world but works fine and easy way to install a baggage. Great Northern STC.:smile:

Last edited:
have you considered getting a firmin cargo pod?

they are more utilitarian than an extended baggage

Back