• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pa -18-150-a

Bob Stern

I am looking to get 3 point harness for my Super Cub. I need help and advice in choosing the correct company and type so the installation will go smoothly. I am looking at a few companies but really would like someone who knows point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Bob

Sent from my SM-T560NU using SuperCub.Org mobile app

So, I called Hooker and got the measurements. They are extremely helpful. Scott was patient and very knowledgeable. 5 point? I know it will be safer but no acrobatics in this cub.

So, I called Hooker and got the measurements. They are extremely helpful. Scott was patient and very knowledgeable. 5 point? I know it will be safer but no acrobatics in this cub.

I think the value of a 5-point is in the load case where you could slide under the lap belt. The 5th belt being a crotch strap may render you helpless in the bedroom for a few weeks, but it could be the difference between walking away and being carried away....

I think the value of a 5-point is in the load case where you could slide under the lap belt. The 5th belt being a crotch strap may render you helpless in the bedroom for a few weeks, but it could be the difference between walking away and being carried away....

Yea, but . . . .

Web

The main purpose for any harness is in the event of a crash, nothing to do with aerobatics. A 3 point will allow your torso to slide out to the side without the strap. A 4 point holds your torso, a 5 point prevents you from submarineing under the lap belt. Best protection, 5 point. Least protection 3 point or lap belt only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 5/6 point does more than stop submarining under the lap belt.

If you have doubts, go back to 2018 and read “A Soapbox Moment”.

Pb

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

One common result in a Cub of submarining under the belt is broken ankles an/or legs. Often the rudder tubing gets bent and not repaired. Don't submarine if at all possible unless you're Navy.

Gary

Ordered 5 point harness with military style hardware from Hooker. Thanks for the expertise opinions. 20210804_150533.jpeg20210804_151337.jpeg

Attachments

• 20210804_150533.jpeg
    20210804_150533.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 20210804_151337.jpeg
    20210804_151337.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 108
Don't know how you plan to attach the shoulder harness, be careful of interference with that com antenna.

Don't know how you plan to attach the shoulder harness, be careful of interference with that com antenna.

While very true (see the pic), I don't think I've ever needed to give that advice, lol.

Web

Also, crimp on 90º coax connectors to those cable ends.

Last edited:
Also, is there a place to mount a crotch strap on Cubs? You've got a torque tube right dead center in front. Mounting it to the seat bottom?? I think they're a good idea, but properly mounted.

MTV

Also, is there a place to mount a crotch strap on Cubs? You've got a torque tube right dead center in front. Mounting it to the seat bottom?? I think they're a good idea, but properly mounted.

MTV

I mounted mine to the lower seat base, not sliding part. But my lap belts go to the cross tube below the rear torque tube support, not the seat base

Glenn

Back