• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

An Electric "Jet"?

RVBottomly

PATRON
Asotin County Washington (KLWS)
Things are moving fast in the electric world.

https://www.eviation.co/[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm....Anything wrong with this picture?

Zero emissions? Ask my uncle who lives next to a powerplant near the ocean about zero emissions. No misrepresentations here?

Alice weights.png

Attachments

• Alice weights.png
    Alice weights.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 514
I had not heard of them before. They are taking orders but it hasn't had a test flight yet. Surprising performance is claimed:

440 nm range
220 kts
2500 pound payload.

Things are moving fast in the electric world.

https://www.eviation.co/
This is an old time honored method of raising money. Most aviation projects which are approached in this manner usually fizzle out with starry eyed investors losing their hard earned cash. Some are with legitimate intentions, with others being just slick money raising schemes by snake oil salesmen. They'll even get some famous people on the board of directors to give them a legitimate appearance. Over the decades, I've seen many of these come and go quietly into the wood work.

Unless projects such as this are coming from a known big name airplane manufacturer, I'll just sit and wait for the crying to begin.

To my knowledge, the FAA has no rules which allow electric motors to be used for primary propulsion. Under what guidelines are these to be certified?

This is an old time honored method of raising money. Most aviation projects which are approached in this manner usually fizzle out with starry eyed investors losing their hard earned cash. Some are with legitimate intentions, with others being just slick money raising schemes by snake oil salesmen. They'll even get some famous people on the board of directors to give them a legitimate appearance. Over the decades, I've seen many of these come and go quietly into the wood work.

Unless projects such as this are coming from a known big name airplane manufacturer, I'll just sit and wait for the crying to begin.

To my knowledge, the FAA has no rules which allow electric motors to be used for primary propulsion. Under what guidelines are these to be certified?

When I first heard about the plans Legend had to build their cub clone, I called and said where do I send the check. Darin said we are not taking any money until the prototype flies. He put me on the list as number two. When they flew the prototype the first guy changed his mind and they called me. I sent the deposit check by FedEx.

Rich

Like a solar home of the seventies, electric aircraft have to be super efficient to be useful. When airbus did a ducted fan demonstrator, expectations of an electric jet warped the market. Jet! Jet! So sleek and shiny! At least this startup is realistic about the energy density of batteries.

Back