• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

32 g fuel belly pod install

farm_boy252

Norman wells, NT
just curious for guys who have installed these, how many hours labor has it taken?
budgets tight this year and just trying to plan upgrades at annual time next month....

I put one on my CarbonCub in the spring, then off when it was on floats, now back on to head to New Holstein. It probably took me 25 hours total, there was quite a bit of head scratching. I didnt want to plumb into any of the factory supply lines. I have used an aux tank in the baggage before, and I am a lot more comfortable pumping the fuel to the top of the wing root sight guage, then into a t to fill the tank fom the top. The instructions indicate to tee it down by the fuel select valve. I have seen one Carboncub in a river while pumping off his aux tank this way. With it going into the top of the tank, any boo boo or distraction will pump fuel out the cap vent, or not pump any fuel at all. The internal tank pump pumps about .75 gpm. I put a flasher on the panel mounted annunciator light so it flashes while pumping. I am looking for a used JPI FS 459 to track fuel pumped and left in tank
I guess it gives me the best of both worlds, the lighter empty wt of the short tanks, and then the longer range with 34 gallons in the belly.
Seems a lot simpler to have what you want in the wings from the get go
jim

If you are sensitive about price $ and W/B a TurtlePac is a great alternative. We see many come through Hawaii on ferry flights. A 33 gallon vertical is perfect for an occasional long distance flight in a Cub. Folds up into a suitcase. Price is great because USD vs AUD. Mine was FEDEXed in about (5) days.

“Pretty rough around the edges”. But, so am I.

74750A8B-76A5-4059-BD39-D282031A262D.jpg

Attachments

• 74750A8B-76A5-4059-BD39-D282031A262D.jpg
    74750A8B-76A5-4059-BD39-D282031A262D.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
If you are sensitive about price $ and W/B a TurtlePac is a great alternative. We see many come through Hawaii on ferry flights. A 33 gallon vertical is perfect for an occasional long distance flight in a Cub. Folds up into a suitcase. Price is great because USD vs AUD. Mine was FEDEXed in about (5) days.

“Pretty rough around the edges”. But, so am I.

View attachment 56738

What was your price out of curiosity? seems you have to email the company for a quote....should add that I'm in Canada eh, lol so might not benefit from the conversion.

Back