• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

2021 New Holstein STOL and Flour Drop

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
Folks, we hope you will be willing to show off your STOL skills at the 2021 New Holstein Supercub.org Short Field Takeoff and Landing Exhibition on Sunday, July 25! This will be the 10th year that I have been honored to coordinate this event and the team at Medical Matters has decided to commission Sarah Dickerson to develop a special tee shirt for those who participate by flying in the event or serve on the ground crew. Here is a prototype of the tee shirt design:

Screenshot 2021-07-13 140116.jpg

Sarah has been a valued member of the team for years and I think she captured some pretty salient points that have made our event so much fun...Chris Nesin and 89, the Shooter, Tall Tales, etc. I hope this will help entice you to participate this year!

The event has moved from being just a bunch of us showing STOL techniques in our stock cubs to highly modified aircraft that don't really resemble a Super Cub! One of our concerns has been the tendency for some of us old timers to bow out of the STOL event because we fly stock cubs that aren't equipped with wings filled with helium, cubs that are not having their rear ends uncovered, cubs that don't have nitrous plumbed in! If flying stock cubs isn't bad enough some of us have added just a few pounds of love handles that might add a wee little bit to our takeoff distances and landing distances. Heck our eyesight ain't so hot either, making it harder and harder to make out the takeoff/landing zone! Don't let that stop you, ladies and gentlemen, please sign up and show the citizens of New Holstein...Your Adoring Crowd... a really good time!

We have an added performer this year, a Big Ticket item from Yesteryear! None other than Big Deal, Golden Pipes Jim Dickerson has arranged his busy schedule and accepted our magnanimous offer and will be announcing the 2021 New Holstein STOL Exhibition! Yes, it has been a few years since he has been able to break away from the busy TV and All Star Wrestling performances, but he has signed a contract to be there providing his famous play-by-play color commentary, introducing each of those who choose to be an exhibitionist...er...participant! When you register to participate please make sure you include some bio, cause if you don't Big Jim is fully capable of making stuff up that will be guaranteed to embarass you till you are red in the face!

Please sign up now! https://www.supercub.org/NewHolstein/

Randy the Shooter

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-13 140116.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-13 140116.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 412
Here are some photos of Golden Pipes Jim Dickerson in action...

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

Be there, folks!

Randy the Shooter

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 129