• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

2021 New Holstein Washington Island Fly-out Survey

jrussl

BENEFACTOR
Madison, WI
The ever popular Washington Island Fly-out is scheduled for Tuesday July 27th. We have an opportunity to hire a trolley to give us a great tour of the Island. This tour was done at one of more of the past fly-outs and I understand that people really enjoyed it. The cost is $12 a head and we need a minimum of 20 folks to sign up. The tour lasts approximately 90 minutes.

We will also be grabbing lunch on the Island as part of the tour or immediately after.

If you are interested in taking the tour, please follow the link and fill out the survey.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...TdDNO44Wb8WFIJcwZvxDGWNg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Looking forward to seeing a lot of familiar faces in New Holstein!

Jeff

C'mon, folks, I hope you will sign up to join us for the Washington Island tour, for a couple of reasons:

1. The tour is pretty interesting, you will see some really nice venues. We did this several years ago and the history of the island was nicely described. I remember thinking it was a nice relaxing trip on the trolley.

2. The trolley is a ride. They picked us up, they gave us a tour, dropped us off for lunch, picked us up again and returned us to the airport. Without the ride it is a bit of a hike to food vs bringing our own sandwiches, etc.

I hope you will take advantage of this!

Randy

Just wanted to mention that the flight over cold water requires special consideration: PFD, PLB, InReach (or similar) etc etc. Use center flight following or FSS reporting.

Opinion.

The farthest distance between land to get to washington island is 1.4 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

We have had only 11 people sign up and need a minimum of 20. We had to cancel the reservation for the trolley. There is a chance that they may still shuttle us to lunch. Capn Lewis is inquiring about that.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Just noticed on the local news feed that Rock Island and the ferry are open again. I took some supercubbers there many years ago, and while this is generally not a hiking/backbacking crowd, if you are so inclined this is a beautiful place for a day hike or to camp for a while. Have fun and fly safe.

Just noticed on the local news feed that Rock Island and the ferry are open again. I took some supercubbers there many years ago, and while this is generally not a hiking/backbacking crowd, if you are so inclined this is a beautiful place for a day hike or to camp for a while. Have fun and fly safe.

That was a really cool trip, Mark! I remember it well!

sj

Fantastic! Thanks you guys.

The trolley tour is back on!

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I’m a definite maybe. Need to get home Tuesday night so weather could send me home early, hope not.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Back