• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

The Mischief - Found

flagold

Abbeville, Alabama
This was Connie and my old boat that we had so many memorable trips in. Once I stroked out of flying we put close to 5000 n.m. under the keel in it, puttering around at 6-8 knots. All it required was a gallon an hour. We sold it to a complete idiot. His first cruise out was at night (the Navy doesn't even do that with a new ship) with predictable results: he got in wind, waves, called the C.G. and eventually got towed in. After that of course he was spooked of the boat and it sat. I understand it was sold, went to NY and started melting down and we lost track of it. Many have been looking for it to do their adventures with and we've had word it is now in Maryland, S. of Annapolis at a yard. Such a great, tough old boat and a sad end if it ends this way.

Mischief 2.jpg

Mischief4.jpg

In better days: how it used to look (our install of cabin sole - all other systems including engine, replaced):

<span style="caret-color: rgb(51, 51, 51); color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: "helvetica neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">

Whole "Final Voyage Of The Mischief" series (begin):

If you want, follow the rest (25 in all) by clicking the next segment on whatever vid you're on.

We must have done a good thing on that trip, because thousands of people take it every year as if we're still cruising the boat. One of the surprises along the way: The Nina:

<span style="caret-color: rgb(51, 51, 51); color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: "helvetica neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">

I'm too far gone at this point to bring the old girl back, but if I could, I certainly would.

Attachments

• Mischief 2.jpg
    Mischief 2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Mischief4.jpg
    Mischief4.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 166
Great story.......and sad...........will someday be a bunch of us recalling the best days in our cubs.:boohoo

Back