• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New to me experimental Pa-11/18

firebird

Canada
Built in 1989 I’m the 3rd owner. Airplane has 230hrs on airframe and 170hrs on the engine.

This is my first cub so bear with me (pun). Road in Cubs but never flown one. My times in C185s and dhc2s on floats.

0-320 (160hp), ‘stock’ 74” prop, Sutton exhaust

Pa-11 fuselage with some extra reinforcing

Pa-11 wings with dual 18g tanks

Pa-18 front seat

Pa-18 heavy duty standard length gear, grove 6” wheels, disc brakes, safety cables

Alaskan tailwheel, 3200??

Pa-18 tail feathers

Battery behind baggage area

Has a gorgeous paint job and tinted glass

I’m probably forgetting other mods

I can trim some fat off it but will be putting it back on with some mods I’d like.

Including: VGs, 29” airstreaks, possibly extended gear and climb pitched longer prop

Just bought it and learning it the last couple days
Cruises 105mph
Stalls 41mph
Takeoff roll short

86BA6638-696B-4240-83F0-90A0D4F01C5B.jpeg

Ice is out on the big lake

been working on it abit over the winter making tweaks for me and staying within a budget

VGs
31s
Brake boosters
And some other little finicky things

Attachments

• 86BA6638-696B-4240-83F0-90A0D4F01C5B.jpeg
    86BA6638-696B-4240-83F0-90A0D4F01C5B.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 137
You could actually land on your driveway, or even your front yard with that beautiful airplane!

Congrats and welcome here

That’s my old man’s place, abit shorter than mine. Havnt tried it yet has some tall trees either end

I had to guffaw when you said "staying within my budget" as that doesn't seem to enter into my airplane mods decisions. Nice plane, and driveway LZ.

I had to guffaw when you said "staying within my budget" as that doesn't seem to enter into my airplane mods decisions. Nice plane, and driveway LZ.

Ya well it would have a new sensensich stol prop and a G5 but I have a 185 that got new tank senders/gauge/ and a wip front gear actuator.

then of course I’ve got a wife 2 kids, taxes and hunting/fishing trips to spend $ also

��

Always loved that yellow/black combo. First free flight model plane I built when I was 10 years old got that scheme. (1956) and my first biplane ride in 1967 was in a yellow and black Fleet model 2. First plane I tried to buy was a black J3 with yellow wings but the guy decided not to sell.

Very nice Cub. Enjoy!

Rich

Lol no kidding but this one’s been good, touch wood.

Color’s Ocala Orange, not quiet orange not quiet yellow.

Back