• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Boise rental car shortage - need transport to Johnson Creek

cafi19

NWA
Another by-product of covid....many of the rental car companies sold off some of their fleet to stay afloat. Now there are no cars to be found.

Our son and his girlfriend are booked to fly into Boise commercially on Thursday the 17. We wont be there yet. Anyone driving up to Johnson Creek that could fit the two of them and their camping gear or have any leads on car availability?

Any help appreciated!

cafi

My son couldn't find a rental car for less than $700 a day so he rented a small U Haul truck for $19.95 a day. Not stylish but it works....

Might check the local away from the airport rental locations and Uber there, usually far cheaper too.

No rentals anywhere in the area. I checked Nampa, Caldwell....there is just nothing. My son got on the UHaul site and reserved something but they said the p/u might not be available and someone will call him back. Even if he got a small box truck...that could get him closer than Boise.

Appreciate the feed back. Weird year for everything I guess.

cafi

Have you tried Turo? www.turo.com ?

People rent you their private vehicles they're not using.

Just put in the location and the date and it should pop up with what's available.

Same everywhere out here. And, there's some serious price gouging going on. Rental outfits got rid of some cars, and now, limited supply of new cars due to chip shortages.....

MTV

If you rent from Home Depot the allowed mileage won’t get you to the edge of town and back. After that you’re paying very high mileage charges. I’d watch out for that with Uhaul too.

Problem solved. Uhaul came through with a pick up. Thank you so much for all the suggestions.

Awesome group. Can always count on you!

Back