• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Reflecting on the supercub.org life - Our thanks to you

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
While on a quick trip to Texas yesterday, I had some time enroute to ponder how truly fortunate I am. Not just because I was flying an airplane - as often we forget how amazing that is to the other 99% - but for of all the incredible people I have come to know because they came to this forum. Although I am saying "I", I know that Laura feels the same way. Even after twenty years of the "supercub.org life", we still reflect on how lucky we feel to know all of you.

This morning - like nearly every morning - I was reminded that I don't tell you all how much we appreciate you. Your support of supercub.org has always been humbling to me, and I am forever in the state of feeling like I don't do enough for all of you who have shared so much with us.

Please know that even after twenty years, I do not take your support for granted and will continue to try to earn it and live up to it.

Thank you all for so very much.

sj

Steve, you and Laura deserve the thanks, we are so glad to have discovered superb.org. We have made so many friendships because of the organization that you have put together. You are always looking to keep things fresh and the Hump Day presentations have been great. Cant wait for New Holstein!

Steve and Laura—your site is extremely well run and a true service to the pilot community. Thank you both for patiently guiding the forums—keeping everything “on track” thru the years. Your countless hours and hard work are very much sincerely appreciated!

It's a two way street my friends... much appreciated ! Leah looks so serious listening to your ... LMAO.!

Attachments

• scubsteveandlauravisitaug282015 001.jpg
    scubsteveandlauravisitaug282015 001.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 206
And a huge THANK YOU ​from here across the pond in England. So many little snippets from the crowd - BUT you guide us safely, yes TKU. Ian

What the previous posts say goes for me, too. Supercub.org came into my life at a time when, personally, I was at a very low point. Through this organization I have developed friendships that are so strong, so important, to me. The saying "You can choose your friends, but you cannot choose your family" has been an important concept for me, in that the surrogate brothers and sisters I have gained through Supercub.org are people who I can truly count on. Steve, you have provided an incubator that fosters personal growth as well as growth as aviators. My closest friends are here. Through thick and thin, we support each other. I look at some of those who have posted on this thread and I am reminded of how rich the connections are through this group of people. Agony and ecstacy.

I know, this is getting syrupy...

Reminds me of a poem from "The Last Cattle Drive"...

Friends may come,
Friends may go.
Friendship, like the water, flows.
Peters in, or Peters out,
Our friendships will never Peter out.

Randy

What the previous posts say goes for me, too. Supercub.org came into my life at a time when, personally, I was at a very low point. Through this organization I have developed friendships that are so strong, so important, to me. The saying "You can choose your friends, but you cannot choose your family" has been an important concept for me, in that the surrogate brothers and sisters I have gained through Supercub.org are people who I can truly count on. Steve, you have provided an incubator that fosters personal growth as well as growth as aviators. My closest friends are here. Through thick and thin, we support each other. I look at some of those who have posted on this thread and I am reminded of how rich the connections are through this group of people. Agony and ecstacy.

I know, this is getting syrupy...

Reminds me of a poem from "The Last Cattle Drive"...

Friends may come,
Friends may go.
Friendship, like the water, flows.
Peters in, or Peters out,
Our friendships will never Peter out.

Randy

Ditto, but you forgot the last part of that poem
" Always drink upstream of the herd"

Glenn

My dad, the lifelong dairy farmer, quoted it a bit different.
“The cows may come and the cows may go, but the bull in this place goes on forever”

Of course, he wasn’t referring to SuperCub.org at the time. 🧐

Here’s to all of you. [emoji481][emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

It would take more than just a post to tell of the wonderful friends, acquaintances, information, employment and uplifting times. Like Dr. Randy, I came here in a low place- recovering from back issues and unable to even lift a gallon of milk. Lyn signed me up, (she chose AKtango), and the rest as they say is history!

Everyone above has said it well- we owe a debt of gratitude to the two of you for continuing this great resource!

In addition to all of the above sentiments. Sc.org has a knowledge base unparalleled on other sites….and members willing to share this knowledge readily. I’ve gotten legitimate and outstanding builder support while building my Cub and I am indebted to this site and the individuals who have offered expertise along the way. So Steve, Thank YOU! For creating and running this site.

It would take more than just a post to tell of the wonderful friends, acquaintances, information, employment and uplifting times. Like Dr. Randy, I came here in a low place- recovering from back issues and unable to even lift a gallon of milk. Lyn signed me up, (she chose AKtango), and the rest as they say is history!

Everyone above has said it well- we owe a debt of gratitude to the two of you for continuing this great resource!

Proof right there that Lynn is the smarter one in that family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am Blessed to be part of this community, and by the many GOOD people on this site.

Steve, this community you have created, and fostered has been a significant (and good) part of my life. Thank you all, and thank you Steve.

Bill

Hmmm...
Lyn came up with this ?

I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!

Glenn

Back