• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

What's the going rate to Ferry an airplane these days?

Taledrger

SPONSOR
SW Michigan
A guy asked me if I would ferry a 65hp Champ from South Bend, IN to Orlando, FL.. I've ferried for friends before and went as an Instructor for new owners, but it's been awhile.. anybody got recent experience ??

A guy asked me if I would ferry a 65hp Champ from South Bend, IN to Orlando, FL.. I've ferried for friends before and went as an Instructor for new owners, but it's been awhile.. anybody got recent experience ??

I would ferry it myself. With such a little Bomber you'll have a lott of fun and adventures. I flew 2008 through Canada with my little Cub. It was an adventure of a life

Take a good seat cushion...

After ferrying an Ag Cat from Georgia to Texas I got an Oregon Aero seat cushion to carry with me. Anyone who knows me knows I don't have much padding back there and after that trip my backside was numb.

I always insist on specific insurance coverage. It takes about three telephone calls, but on the front page I get them to state "Bob Turner is additional insured for a flight between Sebring, Florida and San Diego, California." They usually also stick in a waiver of subrogation.

I was 78 the last time I asked for such an endorsement. They turned me down due to age. I don't fly stuff I cannot afford to buy, unless I have full coverage.

My personal insurance covers me in anything I fly up to $52K, with full liability. The instant it looks like a commercial operation, my insurance becomes invalid.

Be careful out there.

Thanks for the replies.. It appears the Seller has lined someone up to do the Ferry if needed..

I have a great guy who gets $200 a day and is qualified in antiques, classic an acro biplanes, all the way up to a Caravan. Cfi, AP. Moved 2 Cubs from California to upstate NY last summer. Guy just loves to fly.

Glenn

Back