• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Big Raffle - 2021 edition

sjohnson

FRIEND
Boise, ID
Big News, the Big Raffle is back. We're holding the Big Raffle again in 2021.

Here is the raffle information link: https://idahoaviationfoundation.org/raffle.php

Here is the direct link to online raffle tickets: https://idahoaviationfoundation.org/jcraffle/

The main prize is the same: a set of Alaska Bushwheel, Airstreak, or Ultralight tires.

We’re adding prizes real time. You can check the current prize list here: https://idahoaviationfoundation.org/jcraffle/images/prizes.pdf

One big change is that you do not have to be present to win.

So far, Airframes Alaska has not stepped up to support us this year, so an anonymous donor is purchasing the tires for IAF. Airframes has supported us for many years, but given the turmoil caused by the pandemic, we can fully understand, and are still grateful for Airframe's past support. They’ve been awesome. And many thanks to our current donor.

The Big Raffle will not be held at the Super Cub Johnson Creek fly in this year for several reasons, but the main reason is that we just got a late start.

The raffle drawing will be held on September 11 at Johnson Creek airport. We hope to broadcast it via Zoom, but we’re still testing.

As we add more prizes, I’ll get a better handle on the prize list and update this thread.

Is Windy gonna put her special Yellow Pine tar stickum on my ticket again this year--so it sticks to the DQ Dumpster, not the fingers of the kids pulling tickets? :lol:

Thanks. cubscout

Is Windy gonna put her special Yellow Pine tar stickum on my ticket again this year--so it sticks to the DQ Dumpster, not the fingers of the kids pulling tickets? :lol:

Thanks. cubscout

Not this time
You’ll have to win the Bushwheels fair & square
8-D

If you have any trouble with ordering the tickets, please PM me. I saw one broken transaction this morning.

Hi everyone. I know we've been a little quiet. We've had a busy summer, with personnel changes and website ISP changes.

I found out yesterday that there may have been some ticket sales problems at our credit card processor - now fixed. I hope that no one was too inconvenienced.

I hope you're having a great summer, now into a busy fall flying season.

Boise Steve

I'll start posting some prizes now that the sponsors are settled. The full list is at: https://idahoaviationfoundation.org/jcraffle/prizes.pdf

Note that you do not have to be present to win. Purchase your tickets at: https://idahoaviationfoundation.org/jcraffle/

Like all years, the Big Prize is a Certificate for Airframes Alaska Bushwheels, Airstreaks or Ultralights.

This year, the wheels are provided by an anonymous donor, for which we are eternally grateful.
Bushwheel.png
bv88H L7Ig4EnNHhK6AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Attachments

• Bushwheel.png
    Bushwheel.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,053
Be aware that we will stop selling online tickets by September 7 or so, to have time to generate the physical tickets for the drawing.

We originally planned to serve breakfast at JC this Saturday, before the drawing. However, I've been told that the state objected to us serving breakfast, so none this year. I don't know why at this point.

Regards,
Steve

Notice! The drawing has been delayed to the "rain date", September 18, due to safety concerns about smoke. The Boundary Fire is pouring smoke down the Johnson Creek valley.

First COVID, now fire. Sigh.

JohnsonCr-South.jpg

Boise Steve

Attachments

• JohnsonCr-South.jpg
    JohnsonCr-South.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 105
The Boundary Fire surrounds Sulphur Creek right now. Nearby flames are visible on the webcam at 3:30 pm MDT

SulphurCreek-South.jpg
View attachment 57446

Attachments

• SulphurCreek-South.jpg
    SulphurCreek-South.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I just sent the emails with the Big Raffle ticket numbers to online ticket purchasers. If you didn't get an email (after checking your junk folder), please send an email to raffle@idahoaviationfoundation.org. If you got the email, but the data is incorrect, please reply to the email.

Thanks,
Boise Steve

PS - if you bought paper tickets, you kept the stub with the number, right?

Last edited:
No promises yet, but if we were to reopen the online sales (given we have an extra week), is there much demand?

Note that it takes a couple of days of part time work to process the online tickets into drawing-ready stubs, etc., so at most sales would reopen to Tuesday.

McCall and Boise report 1/4 mile visibility this morning. Johnson Creek is clear. Weather is where you find it.

Big Raffle Winners

Here are the 2021 Raffle Winners!

NamePrize
Andrew SimmonsIAA Hat Royal Blue
Billy WinburnWing Aero - Mountain Canyon Backcountry Flying Book
Bruce ParkerASA Book & eBundle - Mountain Canyon Backcountry Flying
Charles SchabackerBCL - Bound for Backcountry Book
Doug TurnbullRAF Equipment Bag 13"
Eric PattenBig Creek Lodge - 2 night stay for 2
Ernest HansenMinam Lodge - Breakfast for 2
Ethan FeuerbornOregon Aero - Softseat Lumbar Support
Ethan FeuerbornAvcenter Nampa Avfuel $100
Ethan FeuerbornASA HS-1A Headset and Bag
Jay TownsendMcCall Aviation Avfuel $100
Jim RectorBig Creek Lodge Hat & Shirt combo
Jim TerryIAA Mountain Pilot T-shirt
Keith AndersonAlaska Bushwheels
Keith AndersonRAF Bandanna Red
Kent CouchBig Creek Lodge - 4 coasters
Kerry GrayBig Creek Lodge Hat & Shirt combo
Larry WasemBig Creek Lodge - 2 mugs
Rebecca LynnBig Creek Lodge Hat & Shirt combo
Robert PatrickAviator Supply - Garmin Inreach SE
Steve HenryAME Paul Collins
Steve HenryRAF Orange Cap
Steve McKibbonOregon Aero - Softseat Cushion
Steve McKibbonFlying Resort Ranches - 1 or 2 night stay for 2
Tom J. TertelingIAA Fly Idaho T - SuperCub or Cessna
Tony TerrellPacific Coast Avionics ANR Headset

This is a preliminary list - all results are subject to review. The final list will be posted on the IAF website
https://idahoaviationfoundation.org/

The Idaho Aviation Foundation thanks everyone for their support, whether through the Big Raffle, donations, or time and effort. Your help is vital to maintaining airstrips, improving aviation safety, and expanding access to Idaho.

Sincerely,
Boise Steve

Back