• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

How early will Osh Kosh let you bring a plane in?

How early will Osh Kosh let you fly in? I need to arrive on Wednesday July 21 and then catch a flight out of Appleton or Green Bay for a meeting and then back on Monday July 26 to enjoy Osh Kosh. Would be great to leave my Husky in camping or a near by hangar if they allow that.

Alternatively, I could fly to someplace near Appleton or Green Bay and then do the arrival on Tuesday.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Where are you planning to park? You’ll be arriving before the NOTAM is in effect, so it will be a regular Class D airport arrival with the normal controllers, and it will be fairly quiet.

EAA used to post the first arrivals on their social pages and they would sometimes be weeks in advance, but they do less of that now, probably because that in and of itself became a competition to see who’d arrive earliest.

Depending on grounds status, you may be directed to park someplace different before the show takes over the grounds management. It would be worth a call to confirm (so you don’t get parked at the FBO for the show if that’s not what you wanted) but should not be a problem. The tower controllers themselves may know if you call, or may have a contact they can give you to confirm.

I’ve only ever flown in early with an exhibit airplane but there were always airplanes already on the field from volunteers flying in early.

—Amy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the week up to the show they are still prepping the grounds, mowing, line painting, placing cones and such. They will put you somewhere and might need to move you.
There will be large areas that are reserved for group arrivals which most of us all come in on Sat the 24th, we are coming in with 40 planes around 11 am.

Following up, if you can you might want to start out in the North West area near the Motel 8, there is a gate there where you can get off field for restaurants and shopping. Not sure when the porto potties get installed and first serviced though.

In 2019, they padlocked the porta potties & shower trailers until Saturday or Sunday before the event.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

In 2019, they padlocked the porta potties & shower trailers until Saturday or Sunday before the event.

I have heard of that in previous years, EAA pays a service contract for these facilities which logically have a start date. Decades back on one trip out there where we brought a vendor display we arrived early in a C-402 and had services on site, But that was decades ago.

The main Camp Scholler allows camping earlier which you do register and pay for from arrival. Friends of mine that place a 54' camp trailer on a double site on the opening day. I do not recall if that is June 1 or July 1, A quick search did not bring that up for this year. But they only place their camp, not occupy it.

I made a comment of the gate by Motel 8 being open, I expect that is not open till the show period begins.

Wendy, one friend of mine (I know...hard to believe) was there on Thursday in Vintage, and another arrived on Friday....I got there on Saturday, and everything but food vendors was available. With the number of folks arriving on Thursday and Friday, Itd get pretty messy if the biffies were locked up....

MTV

Wendy, one friend of mine (I know...hard to believe) was there on Thursday in Vintage, and another arrived on Friday....I got there on Saturday, and everything but food vendors was available. With the number of folks arriving on Thursday and Friday, Itd get pretty messy if the biffies were locked up....

MTV

I’m just reporting what I observed when I got there in 2019, in Vintage.

Just got a report back from my friend I am riding with this year, he just got back from the formation flight training and certs.
The leaders are saying this year is going to be crazy at Osh, allot of pent up energy and desires. It will be a nice year that our North 40 spots are reserved already.

Back