• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Maine Wings for wishes fly in Aug 13-14-15

Scouter

SPONSOR
Exeter Maine
After a year off last year, we have decided to do another fly in Weekend in August to support Maine Make a Wish
The one we did two years ago raised over $12,000 donation thanks for all your generosity.

The money went towards a therapeutic pool from a young boy with hip problems

I really enjoy seeing all of you and having you here in my house in Exeter Maine

The town of Dexter has asked me to host it at the airport because they had lots of requests to participate, and it takes A bush style plane to land that where do.
h

We have a couple new twist this year I’ll put an agenda out shortly with some ideas I
still want to do a silent auction again this year that was a huge fundraiser. Did you get somebody to donate airplane parts or time please be as generous as you were in the past

Stay tune for more info but please let me know if you’re coming for a headcount
Lobsters are right now four times the normal price they’re out of sight so I hope and pray that the price was and if you want to eat lobsters
Hope to have a big crowd in August see you then

Jim Crane

Last edited:
You know I’m in Jim as I added it to the calendar the other day. Just a matter of finding my way there. With luck by then I’ll have found a ride or a Bush Uber.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Aug 12 is a Thursday. Is it that following weekend? Wedding is aug 7 so if it’s not that weekend we are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom
you know that Glenn and Tim are going to chew on you like a bulldog on a bone for a minimum of 8 years. We can do weddings talk them into coming up. Shouldn’t take more than 10 mins right?
jim

I generally have done it on the first weekend of August, but that is sodbuster STOL in Minnesota and I kind of wanted to maybe to go to that this year so I moved it to next weekend. You’re in
jim

So just to clarify it’s August 13th-14th-15th. At least that’s what’s on my calendar. [emoji23]

Getting close to 2 months away now. Our event in 2019 raised almost 12000, which was directed to a local young mans wish for a therapy pool. Im hoping he can attend our ceremony Sat afternoon
Its shaping up like this
Early birds coming in on thursday I hope to take everyone to my friends house in town who built an authentic wood fired pizza oven. The thing is a work of art, and the pizza is wonderful

On Friday, everyone loves to go to the coast, so we will be making a lobster roll run somewhere. Trying to find an extra special spot
Friday night is an ice cream social up to the lake at Dexter. Bush planes only in the field, its kinda short, not bad but not suitable for some. Amphibs can come up the ramp We can take donatins that evening

Saturday is Wings and Wheels for wishes at the Dexter Airport. Its a airplane fly in, and a hot rod cruise in. all benefits go to Maine Make a wish. We will close out the afternoon with a short ceremony in my Hangar. at dusk will be dinner in the Hangar back home in Exeter. Cant promise lobster on the menu this year, its going for north of $14 bucks a pound. Might be a chicken night. In our tradition, we generally pick out someone to roast, JP Russel master of ceremony

Sunday most folks head home, if you stick around there will be some flying

We had fabulous donations the last time, from Cubcrafters and Mark Keneston, a T3 tailwheel from the talented Dan Dufault, a nice set of gearlegs from Chuck Kinberger. All went into the silent auction, and raised some big funds. I know its been a crazy 18 months for most folks, but please consider donating something we can put in the silent auction

Thanks for listening, see you soon at Fairground Field

Jim Crane

This is a great event for a great cause. Wouldn’t miss it.

Hi Jim---Capt Cub will be there with Kathleen---looking forward to it---John F---

Flying up from Georgia....always a treat to attend one of Jim's big hearted causes!
Lou and Kathy

Soooooo, where do you go after Oshkosh?

Well to Maine naturally!

The only thing better than flying around Maine eating wild blueberries is flying around Maine eating wild blueberries with Jim Crane, and all of you.

For those of you that use Facebook, a helpful friend created a Wings for Wishes Maine event page for Jim and has just opened up the auction.

You have to look under the Discussions button to see all the items, but they are listed separately so anyone can bid on them.

I will try to post some info here as well if anyone is interested - or at least the current list of items for auction to benefit the kids.

https://www.facebook.com/events/948642495948881/?active_tab=discussion

Hope to see you there!
Pb

1.jpeg

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers… [emoji849]

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 174
12.jpeg

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers… [emoji849]