• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Maine Wings for wishes fly in Aug 13-14-15

4.jpeg

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers… [emoji849]

Attachments

• 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 188
3.jpeg

Attachments

• 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 180
2.jpeg

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 191
Thanks to you and Andi You both had a big help this year and I thank you

There is some awesome stuff to bid on this year. Matt Mcswain And all the good folks from acme have generously donated a basic version of acmeshocks if your considering some acme shockx this ones for you
Dan Dufault has sent a single sprig T3 tailwheel

Can’t seem to edit any of my posts so here’s some current bids.
11 am 7/18/21

Grasspatch aero oil change
$50

Andover Flight - Stearman or Chipmunk
$175

Pheasant Hunt at Peaceable Farm
$200

4, 20 minute flights in a Stearman
$100/ea

Acadia scenic flight for 2
$75

Seaplane ride
$25

1 year pass to Acadia National Park
$50

10 Gal avgas and hoodie at Twitchell
$60

Supercub instruction with Sawyer Fahey
$125

Acme Shocks (std version)
$1000

T3 Tailwheel (single spring)
$200

Mike Patey autographed spar set
$40

John Hartz helmet with changeover
$200

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Is there a way to bid outside of Facebook? Bids at the event?

You can add a bid here and I’ll cross post it, or contact Jim Crane directly.

We have not found an easy one spot automatic bid process, although perhaps by next year.

Bidding is open all day at the event, so while it may be difficult to correlate, the high bid at the end of Saturday from any valid source wins. If they determine that we have two matching bids from different sources (a tie) then first high bidder wins.

Pb

good morning all
You certainly can bid here, or send me an email jimcrane04435@gmail.com, or contact Pete as well
the current bids on the items are

Pheasnat hunt with Glenn $500

Acme shocks is 1500

Carabassett aviation flying with Sawyer is now #$300

It was painfully brought to my attention this weekend that not everyone is on face book"

Thanks to Pete and Andi again, they have been a big help to me

jim

Its time to take a refresher on who is coming to stay Ive got a pretty good idea, but would like to start to nail it down. Every one is welcome to come, we have lots of room to camp, a bathroom with shower in the hangar, a couple of tupperware toilets, and another shower outside that will be a unique experience stay tuned. I have a limited number of inside beds, so trying to sort thru that.
If you come early on thurs, my friend is cookiing us pizza in his outdoor granite pizza oven. ITs quite the experience

Friday is headed to the coast for a lobster roll, which have just about doublled from last year, At least the lobstermen are making a good wage
Friday laafternoon we are going up to Dexter, land in the grass and taxi to the beach for ice cream, and accept a few donations, if you come with an Amphib, the ramp is improved from last year

Saturday is the main day, Wings for Wishes officially kicks off at 10 am at the Dexter Airport I know its shaping up to be one of the largest flyins in Maine this summer.
Ends at 3, back home to the hangar, with dinner that evening.

Please let me know if you are coming to stay

thanks
jim

I plan to come up Thursday evening Jim, after work but hopefully before dark.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Another item to bid on, folks! Oil change (up to 12qts) at Grass Patch Aero. Current highest bid: $50

Starting Bid $25.jpg

Attachments

• Starting Bid $25.jpg
    Starting Bid $25.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 185
Its time to take a refresher on who is coming to stay Ive got a pretty good idea, but would like to start to nail it down. Every one is welcome to come, we have lots of room to camp, a bathroom with shower in the hangar, a couple of tupperware toilets, and another shower outside that will be a unique experience stay tuned. I have a limited number of inside beds, so trying to sort thru that.
If you come early on thurs, my friend is cookiing us pizza in his outdoor granite pizza oven. ITs quite the experience

Friday is headed to the coast for a lobster roll, which have just about doublled from last year, At least the lobstermen are making a good wage
Friday laafternoon we are going up to Dexter, land in the grass and taxi to the beach for ice cream, and accept a few donations, if you come with an Amphib, the ramp is improved from last year

Saturday is the main day, Wings for Wishes officially kicks off at 10 am at the Dexter Airport I know its shaping up to be one of the largest flyins in Maine this summer.
Ends at 3, back home to the hangar, with dinner that evening.

Please let me know if you are coming to stay

thanks
jim

Jim
Count me in Thursday through Sunday.
See you then Bob

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Hi Jim---I plan to arrive Thurs. PM with Kathleen---stay until Sunday---SAME room---1 or 2 beds OK---hoping for good weather----John---Capt Cub

Where is the camping taking place, at the Dexter Airport or in Exeter? Is it on the chart?

Camping is at Jim’s place, Fairground Field. Not on any public chart, but pretty much on every taildragger pilots chart in the northeast. Jim’s like “the John Graham of Maine”. [emoji23]

6.2 miles southeast of Dexter on a 117* radial.

IMG_5864.JPG

IMG_5865.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5864.JPG
    IMG_5864.JPG
    600.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_5865.JPG
    IMG_5865.JPG
    548.1 KB · Views: 168
Thanks Pete for taking care of business for me I'm headed to NH taking the long way with a dozen or so planes Send money
Jim

OK back from the big show in Wisconsin. We all had the time of our lives with his airplanes Rick Ness Jeff Russell leading the way lake Michigan lake superior back down to New Holstein an Oshkosh, flew in the store demo. Big fun for everyone.

Back to wings for wishes. Big crowd coming! This is shaping up to be the biggest flyinn in Maine this year!
At noon today I will list the auction items and bidders price There is a bunch of good stuff in there

a fair number of folks coming thurs.
Friday I’m hoping to make a lobster roll run down to the coast then into Dexter waterfront for evening ice cream
Saturday at the airport

stay tuned!

Last edited:
Great stuff donated by great folks!

Here is the latest

Grasspatch aero oil change--$50 bid by Crane Plane LLC

Andover flight-Stearman or Chipmunk ride-$175 Larry grenier

Guided pheasabt hunt at Peacable hill farm-$200 Dave Lennert

Four 20 minute flights in a Stearman $100 each Melvin Wyman

acadia senic fliight $75 Bob Web

Seaplane ride with Charlie s

1 yr pass to Acadia

10 gals avgas and a hoodie from Twtchells- $60 Tom severence

Supercub instruction with Sawyer Fahey sugarloaf $300

Acme Shocks $1500- Chelsie Crane

T3 tailwheel $350-Jim Crane prox7 bid

Mike Patey autographed spar set $40 chelsie crane

John Hartz flight helmet with headset changeover $200 glenn Symon

All of these can be seen on facebook here;

https://www.facebook.com/events/948642495948881/?active_tab=discussion

Bid away

jim

Thanks Jim
Me and the girls will be heading your way on Friday most likely but trying to make it Thursday.
v/r
Dodd

either the island or Twitchells`----we`ll all be HEAVY for short runway---Capt Cub---

Not even started and I’m jealous. This working for a living really cramps my flight time Capt.

I’ll have to hit the island or twitchells with you another time. See you at Jim’s.

IMG_2302.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2302.JPG
    IMG_2302.JPG
    830.4 KB · Views: 129
Not even started and I’m jealous. This working for a living really cramps my flight time Capt.

I’ll have to hit the island or twitchells with you another time. See you at Jim’s.

View attachment 57113

Two thirsty CUBS for MOGAS----just love that picture---thanks Peter---Capt Cub---

Back