• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Maine Wings for wishes fly in Aug 13-14-15

Bill Brine and I are hoping to meet up for lunch at Hampton on Thursday then fly the coast to Jim’s. Anyone else up for that?
Lou

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]We are headed down to the wire now, i think we are going to make it. The third wings for wishes is a couple days away. At this point the weather looks like it will cooperate, just some standard noise about thundershowers the weather guys throw in everyday.
Most mornings now feature some fog in various levels, usually burned off by 7-8 If you want to fly in and camp, we have a shower and flush in the hangar, a shower outside, and a couple of tupperware toilets in the field. Please let me know if you want to fly in at jimcrane04435@gmail.com, or cell 207-659-4983

If you come in Thurs, in the evening we are going across town to my good friend Skip Doodson who has built a sweet wood fired pizza oven from local granite stones. This is the good stuff. Park your plane here and we will ride over in the cars

Friday Im putting the final touches on the day, right now it looks like we will blast out of here about 930 -10 after breakfast, head down to Rockland, where Penobscot Island air will host us and give up the low down on their impressive air taxi business. Hoping to have lobster rolls delivered to the hangar for lunch, then head up north to the end of Sebec lake to say hi to our old friend Herman Bayerdorfer at Two Falls. Look over his fine collection of good stuff, take a swim in the river, head down to dexter about4 or five for the first part of the fundraiser at the Dexter public beach For a donation, we have cards to hand out for a free ice cream cone at the Lakeshore restaurant. If you plan to attend the Friday night event, please contact me ahead of time. Amphibs can land in the Lake and taxi up the ramp. Straight floats can tie up on the beach, and performance capable planes land in the adjacent hayfield and taxi to the beach. This is a short field with power lines and houses at both ends. Its going to be warm on friday in the upper 80s Look it over before hand. We will have a flight brief before going into the field comm freq is 122.75

Saturday is Make a wish day at the dexter muni airport, 1B0
from 10 to 3, closing ceremony at 3 pm. Its shaping up to be a Large time.

Stay tuned for more
Jim Crane

got a couple more exciting items last minute for the auction

a new Bose A20 headset donated by Mr Chip Allen SWT Aviation. What a stand up guy!

a nearly new set of AOSS 3 in ext only used for 2 landings, .

Let the bidding start on these two exceptional items!
\
jim

plan to be at Twitchels around noon time Thursday for fuel and lunch---call sign is "yellowbird 69"----122.75---Capt Cub---

One of life’s rainbows this morning. A big shout out to all of the supporters of the Wings for Wishes fly in we held last August in Dexter Maine and my airstrip in Exeter My pilot friends from all over this country, from Atlanta to Minnesota and all places in between you know who you are. All the great businesses who donated time and money like PK Floats in lincoln I never find the right words to say a proper thank you.
We raised just Over $30,000 this year. That will fund an average of three wishes. I want you to meet Zayne he’s heading to Walt Disney World this morning in Florida. His wish was to take this sister to Disney. That says a lot about him. It sure makes whatever problems you have seem pretty trivial. Zayne itwas my pleasure to meet you and your mom Brittany this morning. I know I can speak for the numerous folks to wish you a great week in Florida and hope you can visit us The first weekend in August of this summer. You can fly my plane. Maybe take your mom for a ride. I’ll show you how ☺️

Thanks again everyone!
Jim Crane
A52D9FA4-1223-4484-8231-AAE21D33DE55.jpg

Attachments

• A52D9FA4-1223-4484-8231-AAE21D33DE55.jpg
    A52D9FA4-1223-4484-8231-AAE21D33DE55.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 71
Back