• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oil leak

Doug Budd

Crawford Nebraska
I developed an oil leak on my o-200. Started out small and got big in a couple hours. It has 100hrs since an overhaul. I cleaned it up and found it’s leaking oil out of the base of cylinder 3 and 2 . So am I lucky and it’s the base gasket or unlucky and a through bolt. The oil it coming out about half way up the cylinder on the back towards the firewall side

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

I've had thru bolts leak and have had luck loosening, pack end with proseal and retorque

I will try hopefully that will stop it. My worry is the string gave way

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Glenn what proseal are you using. Is it the one for sealing fuel tanks? There’s several different ones

Yamabond, what the motorcycle guys use to seal up their engines with. It is easy to remove and separate later unlike proseal. Proseal is good but a real pain to remove.

Yep I help rebuild wings on a air tractor gooey s**t. There is some stop leak called proseal that is used in crank cases and different applications. Wasn’t sure if that was what Glenn was talking about. Thanks
Doug

Yamabond, what the motorcycle guys use to seal up their engines with. It is easy to remove and separate later unlike proseal. Proseal is good but a real pain to remove.

Was reading about yamabond . Said it was used to seal case halves on motorcycles I wonder if it would work on Airplane Engines I know permatex is a no-no

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Yep I help rebuild wings on a air tractor gooey s**t. There is some stop leak called proseal that is used in crank cases and different applications. Wasn’t sure if that was what Glenn was talking about. Thanks
Doug

Wrong cub driver ;- )

Glenn

But.....I put my C85 stroker together 12 years ago with this, no thread.

Screenshot_20210504-184720.png

Glenn

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-184720.png
    Screenshot_20210504-184720.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 105
Back