• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

new interesting oil change tool

Just make sure your airline doesn't have any water in it first. More then once I've got water out of an airline in somebody's shop that didn't have a T trap before an air outlet

Glenn

I don’t care for the beating with a hammer on anything attached to my engine. I think an actual demo on an airplane would have been much better than a bench demo.

Not with the force he was trying to sink that tool into the filter. Maybe it would have gone better with the filter secured to an engine.

So you get to blow the crap in your filter back through the oil galleys? Is there any concern about that?

All pressurizing will do is push the oil though the filter to empty it. There’s an anti-backflow valve that keeps the oil on the dirty side from draining down. No different than gravity when you punch a hole, just a lot faster.

I don't like the idea of blowing the oil out of the oil galleys .

When disassembling engines I don’t recall much oil other than what was clinging to surfaces. My primary interest is whether it’ll purge my oil coolers. Probably not a big deal either way but I’m curious and the part is fairly cheap. If it does nothing more than blow the oil through the filter it’ll be money well spent.

Correct me Stewart but doesn’t the oil flow through the center of the filter, through the media and then out the perimeter holes? If so wouldn’t pressurizing the can on the outside of the filter media backflow the system, potentially releasing what’s trapped in the paper? Or does that valve take care of it.

All pressurizing will do is push the oil though the filter to empty it. There’s an anti-backflow valve that keeps the oil on the dirty side from draining down. No different than gravity when you punch a hole, just a lot faster.

Other way around. Into the perimeter and returns through the center. Without the backflow preventer all the filtered particles could return to the engine. When I remove a filter and make the requisite mess, then cut the filter it’s still mostly full of oil on the dirty side. It’d be nice to push that oil through the filter to empty it.

They're full of air when new - - - So would s'pose it would take a couple seconds for it to fill on engine startup, kinda like a new filter. I wonder if the cooler tends to drain, at least partially, when the engine is shut down for a period of time??

To heck with using this on my plane which doesn’t have a filter, I want this tool for oil changes in my vehicles. I know it is fun having oil running down to my elbow and dripping on my face, but there has to be a better way.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I found the quickest way to change oil is to take it to Speedy Lube. This will also keep it from running down your arm!

Will it matter where you punch it, high or low? Be nice not to have to wack it at the end furthest away from the bracket.

Last edited:
Back