• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Best Supercub gas cap ?

sohc427mt

Belgrede MT
I am looking for the best gas cap I have 23 gal tanks. I had a motor out yesterday luckily got it on the ground with no problems Felt like a Fuel starving issue I knew I had Fuel tried the Fuel drain nothing , opened cap to look and big vacuumed the vents were not working. On annual rubbers were replaced and blocked ventilation. I want to replace my caps with the best venting caps. ??? I see some Cubs with the extended tubes ? Is that the way to go ? Any advice is appreciated.

Yes, those Atlee caps are the way to go. Some 180 hp STCs require the “snorkel” caps, but you don’t need them.

MTV

I think those snorkel caps are also required with the Cub Crafters fuel system STC.

I bought the Atlee caps. Does anyone else have issues with the rubber from the gaskets chafing off into the vent holes when you twist the caps on? I sure do. A little fuel lube didn't seem to help.

I called f Atlee Dodge they recommend I buy the ones with the vent tubes , they said the pressure the tanks and vent well. So I bought a pair.

Spruce has Aeronca caps for under $20, both vented and non-vented. Look a lot more like original Piper caps than the ones from CC and Atlee.

My j3 wing has a non-vented cap with a copper snorkel soldered in - been working fine for 22 years.

Last edited:
I bought the Atlee caps. Does anyone else have issues with the rubber from the gaskets chafing off into the vent holes when you twist the caps on? I sure do. A little fuel lube didn't seem to help.
Haven't had that issue and been running them for 10 years but the fuel lube sure helps because they are a tight fit.

Carefully bend the ears to open them up a teensy bit. Mine were too Effing tight, too.

Back