• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

The Dark Sis is Powerful!

Eddie Foy

South Florida
Pierce is going to Johnsen Creek in a spam can. I will foregive the comments that I received when I sold my SuperCub and bought a 180. :lol::lol:

But I kept my Super Cub and flew it all weekend. The Speedlane is for Cathy, happy wife, happy life. Watching her get sick in the back of the Super Cub makes my trip no fun. Yep, it has a nosewheel, cost half what a C180 does and hasn't been wrecked and rebuilt multiple times. Insurance is cheaper than my Cub and I like it. Different mission, different tool. It is a great airplane and I have been offered $25K more than I paid for it and I still own it. That should tell you something. ;)

But I kept my Super Cub and flew it all weekend. The Speedlane is for Cathy, happy wife, happy life. Watching her get sick in the back of the Super Cub makes my trip no fun. Yep, it has a nosewheel, cost half what a C180 does and hasn't been wrecked and rebuilt multiple times. Insurance is cheaper than my Cub and I like it. Different mission, different tool. It is a great airplane and I have been offered $25K more than I paid for it and I still own it. That should tell you something. ;)

It is amazing how people's tunes change... including mine :)

sj

I know why you did it. I understand. Doesn't mean that I can't give you S$it. That is what friends do. There is no slack!

Wish I could have kept them both. I am not a rich AP/IA.

Is that even a thing that exists?

Rich A&P/IA...... That's got to be one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time...

Although, I will say there probably are people with A&P certificates who are "Rich" but I would not let them fix my lawnmower... You know, the kind who got their A&P for "Fun". Just because a person has an A&P doesn't make them qualified. Also, I love it when people say "What do I need to do to get my A&P? You know, I'd just like to have it so I can do my own maintenance..."

Like my friend/IA told me - “the only hand tool I want you using around your airplane is a cell phone”......

I hope you know and I know that Steve knows that the rich AP/IA was tongue in cheek. Steve does what makes him happy. I am sure that he gets tired of working on airplanes but he has a calling. When Steve says it is ready to fly, I don't kick the tires, I fly the Bitch!

Last edited:
I am a rich mechanic most days. I still like coming to work and enjoy what I do. Sometime I want to push one outside and light it on fire but that is getting fewer and further between.

Remember this photo?
6496192E-CD97-4228-9129-0801C01FC287.jpeg

Attachments

• 6496192E-CD97-4228-9129-0801C01FC287.jpeg
    6496192E-CD97-4228-9129-0801C01FC287.jpeg
    645.3 KB · Views: 235
Sometime I want to push one outside and light it on fire but that is getting fewer and further between.
Having just completed the first "condition inspection" on my experimental light sport, I know EXACTLY what Steve meant here about pushing one outside and lighting it on fire...

It wasn't when I ducked under the wing (not quite far enough) and hit the flap bracket hard enough to cause my scalp to bleed... for the third time in 3 days. (I know - get a clue, Jim...)

It wasn't having to re-make the bracket for the new 406 Mhz ELT to fit under the seat (for the 3rd time!)... (Don't even ask... I'm sworn to secrecy lest "they" come take me to a rubber-padded cell...)

It wasn't when I had to remove / reinstall the power panel (switches and fuses in one neat little box) twice to obtain access to the ELT remote... Seems the original builder did NOT install nut plates to mount the power panel, and I'm 99% certain that he installed the glove box (located 1/4" away from those dang bolts (with rivets, no less) AFTER installing the power panel. I had to use a long extender and just "poke away" at the approximate location of the nut until I "lucked" into hitting it... Both times...

Nope, it was when I powered up the plane to run it up after all the other work was complete, and the GRT EIS (engine information system) had no power, and I realized I would have to pull that damned power panel for the third time... ARGH!

Turns out the wire crimp failed at the PIG-D fitting where the EIS plugs into that damned power panel... Took all of 20 seconds to fix, after spending literally an hour removing the power panel (for the 3rd time). Thank God for the foresight to order a few of those from Aircraft Spruce "just in case"...

I was definitely contemplating the joys of becoming an arsonist for a while there...

Had a few cub friends that sold their cubs and bought a motorhome..........just sayin'........

Back