Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel to Alaska through Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    As I was told by Canadian authorities at CBSA, the primary reason they do not currently differentiate between vaccinated and non-vaccinated travelers is the relative ease in procuring forged vaccination documents and the relative difficulty in verifying them.
    Sadly this sounds about right

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jay,

Good point. Even though I am vaccinated (and will bring my card) and theoretically don't need a C19 test as an air-crewman, I am getting a Walgreens PCR test to bring with me. They only recognize the PCR test I believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysurfer View Post
    Thanks Jay,

Good point. Even though I am vaccinated (and will bring my card) and theoretically don't need a C19 test as an air-crewman, I am getting a Walgreens PCR test to bring with me. They only recognize the PCR test I believe.
    Every country I have traveled to thus far have required PCR tests. I am headed to the airport in a couple of hours with my negative results from yesterday’s test in hand….. $399 later of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Canadian travel restrictions extended again...thru July 21st https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/c...ons/index.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they will lift the restrictions and allow Sport Pilots at the same time

Post Thanks / Like
    I crossed at Coutts on April 28th. Not much drama at customs. I did have to get a test in the parking lot.
    They didn't give me any restrictions but apparently they were supposed to. They were more worried about me bringing tobacco in than anything else. I was driving so had to go through the Nazi check point in Watson Lake.
    I drove straight through from there. I camped along the way to avoid any issues as well.
    I guess they don't have any protocols in place for Americans passing through as i got 3 phone calls a day for 2 weeks wanting to know if i was quarantined...

We have had 2 Beavers ferried up this summer and had to be done by Canadian pilot.
    My buddy bought a cub in NC and had it ferried up a couple of weeks ago. They gave the pilot a little grirf but let her through.
    Likes boarfish liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Our Supreme Leader now hinting that the border will be open mid-August for vaccinated US citizens.

(Edit: Now open August 9. Not sure what CBSA will require as "proof of vaccination".)
    Last edited by NunavutPA-12; 07-19-2021 at 01:02 PM.
    Likes DENNY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    "Canada on Monday said it would begin to ease pandemic restrictions at the U.S.-Canada border next month, allowing U.S. citizens and permanent residents in the United States who are fully vaccinated with Canadian-authorized vaccines to enter for nonessential travel without quarantining.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...g-9/ar-AAMkn1l
    There are three simple rules for making consistently smooth landings. Unfortunately no one knows what they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    But now (!!!) the U.S. is apparently instituting new restrictions effective yesterday thru August 21st: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/polit...vel/index.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Both borders, that is a pathetic and sick statement from the administration

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Post Thanks / Like
    Hasn't seemed to be an issue if you just wade across the Rio Grande....

MTV
    Likes Utah-Jay, Colorado-Cub liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mvivion View Post
    Hasn't seemed to be an issue if you just wade across the Rio Grande....

MTV
    With your hands up and hands out for the free stuff too!!!
    John
    Likes Colorado-Cub, TurboBeaver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Entering Canada after July 9th, supposedly, per link here, no quarantine nor follow up Covid tests are required for fully vaccinated travellers. Yet, yesterday, a friend entering Canada was told by the arrival Canadian customs agent that she has to both quarantine for 14 days and submit follow up Covid tests! Too much leeway for the individual customs agent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tedwaltman1 View Post
    Entering Canada after July 9th, supposedly, per link here, no quarantine nor follow up Covid tests are required for fully vaccinated travellers. Yet, yesterday, a friend entering Canada was told by the arrival Canadian customs agent that she has to both quarantine for 14 days and submit follow up Covid tests! Too much leeway for the individual customs agent!
    August 9.
    There are three simple rules for making consistently smooth landings. Unfortunately no one knows what they are.
    Likes mam90 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just drove through Canada to Alaska. If anyone is interested in the details I’ll gladly post them but since this is a flying thread I won’t take up space unless someone asks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the link I posted says "August 9th" (sorry for that incorrect link). Canada did change the quarantine & follow up PCR test requirements earlier this month for Canadian residents. Here is the corrected link announcing changes for Canadian residents effective July 5th.
    Thanks Bill Rusk, Carl Guilliams thanked for this post