• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sensenich Ground Adjustable Prop

So this will be the same prop for C90, O200, O235?

No, the prop for the smaller engines is the 2F0K-C76AF. The propeller is certified under ASTM for light sport and experimental aircraft. As far as I can tell, it is not on track for standard category certification.

Years ago at a seminar at a forum at the Sentimental Journey Fly-in, a Sensenich representative said they were considering standard category certification for its predecessor, but that hasn't come to pass.

And it is mounted… But only for a few days so I can get the magnetos timed

Attachments

• 108143DF-B599-49FF-AE2F-8DC3FD4F4713.jpg
    108143DF-B599-49FF-AE2F-8DC3FD4F4713.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 271
Does anyone know if this prop will accomodate the spacer as req'd for the crosswind STC? Planning to call Sensinich and Charlie Center tomorrow just thought I'd throw out the question in case someone has already gone down this path.

I don't see where a spacer would be an issue, bolts to the flange like any other prop, just need longer mount bolts.

Is the difference between the O-320 prop and the O-360, just the hub? Just thinking way ahead. If a guy/gal has an O-320 but thinking of upgrading to an O-360 when it's time for overhaul, can the same blades be used with the only change being a hub purchase?

Is the difference between the O-320 prop and the O-360, just the hub? Just thinking way ahead. If a guy/gal has an O-320 but thinking of upgrading to an O-360 when it's time for overhaul, can the same blades be used with the only change being a hub purchase?

yes, the blades are the same

I asked that and was told that you might be shy on pitch because the pins in the blades are in a different place

Now the FAA sound engineers want 35" Bushwheels and no Thrustline modification on a 160 hp Super Cub for the noise test. Now this test is to takeoff and climb over the microphone at a given altitude. They are worried about the angle of attack as the airplane flies over the microphone but we can have the CG anywhere we want. Oh yea, and to list every STC for tires and landing gears. There are over 400 combinations. No, I cannot make this stuff up.

Sounds like time to move to another FSDO...

sj
FSDOs are not the department which issues propeller STCs. It would be engineering on a regional level. And then it would be a particular designated region for the particular type of STC which is being pursued.

Now the FAA sound engineers want 35" Bushwheels and no Thrustline modification on a 160 hp Super Cub for the noise test. Now this test is to takeoff and climb over the microphone at a given altitude. They are worried about the angle of attack as the airplane flies over the microphone but we can have the CG anywhere we want. Oh yea, and to list every STC for tires and landing gears. There are over 400 combinations. No, I cannot make this stuff up.
This is strange. Without knowing the particulars of their request, it would appear that 35" bushwheels would then be required as part of the STC! It will be interesting to learn what they are thinking.

This is strange. Without knowing the particulars of their request, it would appear that 35" bushwheels would then be required as part of the STC! It will be interesting to learn what they are thinking.

They want worst case scenario. They believe the drag of the larger Bushwheels will increase the angle of climb this making the prop louder. The difference in drag between a 600x6 tire to a 35" tire is a few tenths on an inch of CG.

At this point, the next configuration the FAA will ask for is where the pilot wears only speedos and a Mickey Mouse hat followed by penny loafers and a butt plug. Make it stop!

They want worst case scenario. They believe the drag of the larger Bushwheels will increase the angle of climb this making the prop louder. The difference in drag between a 600x6 tire to a 35" tire is a few tenths on an inch of CG.

The increased drag would make the angle of climb less, so passing over the microphone at a lower altitude would provide a higher sound level. The tires won't make the prop louder! That said, they are going way overboard. The STC will have a limitation on it that the installer has to determine if this STC is compatible with all other previously approved alterations. There shouldn't be a need to show every possible combination of STC to do the noise test, just the worst case from a noise standpoint (lowest altitude going over the microphone) which would be a stock Cub with big tires. Next they will want a pod and every possible combination of antennas!

Glad I was able to convince FAA that all the PA-16s flew prior to 1955 and are exempt from the Part 36 requirements for my STC application.

This reminds me of when Tom Anderson was telling me years ago about getting the STC for his Cont IO360 conversion for the C170.
They just kept coming up with more & more hoops that he was expected to jump through.
He told me that after a certain point he wanted to bag it and just keep doing them as field approvals,
but he had so much time & money into the STC process that he was gonna stick it out.
He did eventually get the STC.

This reminds me of when Tom Anderson was telling me years ago about getting the STC for his Cont IO360 conversion for the C170.
They just kept coming up with more & more hoops that he was expected to jump through.
He told me that after a certain point he wanted to bag it and just keep doing them as field approvals,
but he had so much time & money into the STC process that he was gonna stick it out.
Was just talking to Matt McSwain at Acme and the term we used was "they keep moving the Finish Line."

30 Year's ago my old Boss taught me the truth then and it is even more so now -- the feds do not want small aircraft in there airspace period and they will do all they can to stop us from flying within the perimeters of the law. The ADVANTAGE THEY HAVE IS THEY ARE CONSTANTLY CHANGING THE LAWS GOVERNING OUR ACTIVITIES all we have is numbers and they are going down as the regulatory burden goes up.

Some Cubs are louder than others around here. I guess it mainly has to do with engine type plus mufflers and props, but rpm at takeoff must also have some effect. That said, they are not the loudest airplanes on the field or float pond.

Gary

Do any 4 cylinder light aircraft fail these noise tests? If not offer to do it knife edge for max drag.
Don't tell them about the Atlee Hod rod muffler, they will want that too.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Seems like every time the ACO has a change in personnel they find new things to hit you with. Even if you have an accepted PSCP and Compliance Checklist, the new guy on the project always finds something new to put in. Must be that they get points when they make it harder!

At this point, the next configuration the FAA will ask for is where the pilot wears only speedos and a Mickey Mouse hat followed by penny loafers and a butt plug. Make it stop!

So that's how you dress for the stol contests? The ole cub quit on you so everyone could see how you were dressed

So that's how you dress for the stol contests? The ole cub quit on you so everyone could see how you were dressed
Actually he had too many cloths on and that is why the engine quit. That must be his new competition uniform he is describing. Sad thing is what Kevin describes makes about as much sense.

With that outfit, you can do High Sierra then go straight to Burning Man without changing

Hehehe….I figured that if Pierce didn’t have any penny loafers or a Mickey Mouse hat for the test I could sure send him a set. I bet Ford would have the other two items to loan out;-)

Back